bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated

The Zombies: 5/10 They wrote 95 % of their OWN HITSplus hits for THE TEMPTATIIONS , MARVIN GAYE, MARY WELLS, THE MARVELETTES,and NUMEROUS OTHERS !! Beastie Boys: 9/10 But, he had to join a 73-win team to get there. Admittedly quite bad, but he's already represented without the halo effect. So really 128. There needs to be slightly more room in the 5 space, cause Bowie is 100% a 5. In fact, that statement is the only exception to the rule that Rush should even share the same sentence with that other band. Percy Sledge: 2/10 74 Paul McCartney Over here in Britain May has been a wildlife activist and critic of fox-hunting All the Indiana Jones films "Much Better Off" J Dilla. Like everyone else, there's a few changes I would make. Heard James Brown was tough on his musicians. 9. Tommy Heinsohn, 65. 136. 6. 72. "I'll Try Something New" Diana Ross & the Supremes with the Temptations, Barbara McNair, A Taste of Honey, Spyder Turner (as an excerpt from his cover of "Stand By Me") Solomon Burke: 7/10 Van Halen The comments in this section have also been helpful, and of course, my own personal opinions, tastes and whatnot. Are you serious? Run - DMC (Level 4) Bo Diddley Updated, thanks! "(You Can't Let the Boy Overpower) The Man In You" Chuck Jackson 9/10 = All Time Greats 27. 2009 If you consider what the Velvet Underground did to not be metal, then the Velvets. The former MVP has adapted and evolved to become an excellent conductor of Phillys offense. There is an interesting parallel to the pyramid--sometimes they agree, sometimes not so much. 1988 Lead Belly He without question was 'the most political of the Beatles' and I'm sure a lot of future generations looked upon him for that." The chances of me ever getting back into The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and their compatriots are practically nonexistent. School of Rock The Flamingos -Hard to say ultimately, it's really about the music and their commitment to it. Without music, lyrics are just words on a sheet of paper. John Lennon should be moved way, way down. He was the 2nd best player on the Lakers teams from '08-'10, but didn't make the cut for the original Pyramid. He could've complained about being a 6th man, but didn't. The Stooges The Miracles, Motown's first group, are the most covered Motown group of all time. Baez - 1, Posted by Classic Rock on Thursday, 12/22/2016 @ 18:38pm, Posted by Roy on Friday, 04/14/2017 @ 09:13am. Bob Seger: 7/10 105. -I've heard stories that James Brown was a ballbuster. Whitney Houston-5 21. 13. Dominique Wilkins, 63. REM and Tom Petty do, and they are two more acts Radiohead should not be ranked higher than. *******Here's the REAL KICKER !! ISBN: 978-0345511768 and 034551176X. History of The World Part 1 Muddy Waters: 10/10 Favorite inductee outside of the U.S. and the U.K.? 4/10 = Marginal The 2018 Class are probably all tier 2's, except for Radiohead, which is a three or possibly even a four. The Notorious B.I.G.-2 "You're So Fine and Sweet" - The Undertakers. 9. "Baby Baby Don't Cry" Gerald Wilson and His Orchestra, Projekt. Retired Col. Eric Toler received the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit and two Bronze Star Medals during his 27-year military career. "Would I Love You" - Len Barry. Chicago: Level 2 And how in the hell did Radiohead get on level 4? NWA - 3 (=Public Enemy) Posted by Gary on Friday, 01/4/2019 @ 18:23pm. Nine Inch Nails (Level 2) 67. 2008 The Police The Doobie Brothers-1 Buddy Guy I'd buy front row seats for a weird off between Prince and Dr. John. Posted by Tony on Friday, 08/8/2014 @ 17:19pm, Overrated, or too high on the pyramid: Ramones, Elton John, Little Richard, The Clash, Elvis Costello, Aerosmith, Blondie, Alice Cooper, Genesis. Not quite as cluttered, not as much space. He really doesn't. 2 our lives, from the bestselling author of The Bomber Mafia. By kbarbs37. 110. My mistake, I met question 9 and "most nicest", not 7 and "most mean". 225. 89. The Small Faces: 6/10 117. My occasional communication efforts within this forum is generally framed around acknowledging my own biases and attempting to subvert them for more rationale dialog. Billy Joel: 9/10 Rush (middle 4th) Lovin' Spoonful Posted by Jason Voigt on Monday, 09/24/2018 @ 16:47pm. 1989 Has any modern superstar ever had more career-related what ifs? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracles_discography Whoopee. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I personally think Radiohead and U2 and perhaps solo Lennon are 3s, and CSN, Clapton, and maybe BB King or The Byrds belong in 4. 115. Torae, and others. See the rankings as for this Basketball Hall of Fame Sets set on 6/19/2022 7:31:31 AM. Clearly, you have not been listening to much indie music or Radiohead over the last twenty years.E, Posted by Casper on Tuesday, 04/2/2019 @ 15:24pm. Their career ended through poor records and/or changing tastes. Radiohead belongs in 3, not 4. Dire Straits Posted by Tommy Wimmer on Monday, 09/24/2018 @ 01:42am. 2018 He's an 11-time All-Star (everyone with 8 or more appearances is in the actual hall) and was the 3rd best player on two Champs and two Finalists. 2000 Nina Simone Dolly Parton-Level 2-The only caveat is that she isn't strictly rock 'n' roll, like Miles Davis, Nina Simone or Joan Baez, but with songs like Jolene, Coat of Many Colors, 9 to 5, I Will Always Love You etc, I think she deserves this position 2 America - a secret airline run by the CIA - flew missions no one else would touch, from General Claire Cennault's legendary Flying Tigers in WW II Shaq, 12. The J.B.'s For an Early Influence, I would pick Cab Calloway or The Ravens. 31. He didn't make ESPN's recent list of the 74 best players ever which is straight dumb. 1987 And where does he rank on Bills 100-player Hall of Fame Pyramid? The Bee Gees "More Love" Kim Carnes, Paul Young, Barbara McNair, Mica Paris, The 5th Dimension, Rick Webb, Foster Sylvers. The Sixth Man award almost always goes to the NBAs highest-scoring bench player. R.E.M. Nina Simone (Level 2) The Cars Posted by Corey Finn on Thursday, 05/20/2021 @ 11:14am. Madonna (Level 4) 91. Janet Jackson I don't want to make this 3,000 words so a brief blurb on each player who made a move is below, but happy to answer any questions in the comments. The Moody Blues, when inducted, should sit on the 5th tier. ------------------- 221. 105. Tupac Shakur The best of the best. The Blues Brothers You want to know about influence? Posted by Jason Voigt on Wednesday, 09/26/2018 @ 14:03pm. He could've gone anywhere, but to Golden State and nobody would've held a grudge outside of those weirdos in Oklahoma. 80. No 2010s NBA game unleashed more what ifs than Game 6 of the 2016 Western Conference finals. Deep Purple (Level 2) From 2013: Under no circumstances whatsoever, should AC/DC sit above Rush, period. 83. Heart (high 3rd) 7/10 = Solid Picks If I were to drop anyone it would be The Beastie Boys, or Elvis Costello. Yeah, the Pyramid's bias toward 60s musicians is palpable. Heart Bob Seger John Lee Hooker Stockton at 30 and CP3 at 42. "A Legend In Its Own Time" J Dilla (as an exercept of his song "One Eleven"). Talented as hell, but weird as hell. on Thursday, 03/7/2013 @ 23:05pm, I don't where to post this ever since that "Current Hall of Famers" doesn't have a comments, so I have to post it here or in the "The Immortals" page. Rolling Stone Magazine recognizes The Miracles' importance: They are the HIGHEST-RANKING Motown group in their list on their list of the Level 2: I agree with others that acts like Deep Purple, Yes, Nine Inch Nails, Kiss, Miles Davis, T. Rex, Whitney Houston & Nina Simone should be at 2. Carl Perkins Leonard Cohen: 7/10 I would like to do the # ratings of performers of every class, for this I'll be giving them a number between 0 -10 out of 10 based on influence & innovation on popular music. And yeah the Dead should have been a star on top of this pyramid, gazing down. "Love Machine" Wham!, Thelma Houston ), Dolly Parton, Boyz II Men, Human Nature, among many others "I Gotta Dance to Keep From Crying" The Who, Jimmy James. I think that eventually Rush will be recognized, in the future, as a 5th tier band. Posted by Jordan Einstein on Tuesday, 04/19/2022 @ 14:18pm, 2022 Nominees: Little Willie John: 6/10 This thread is archived "(You Can) Depend On Me" The Temptations, The Supremes, Mary Wells, Brenda Holloway, Barbara Mason. Kraftwerk if they ever get in deserves at least a 4, comparable to the Velvet Underground for a band with little commercial success (in the USA anyway) that had major long term impacts on the course of future music trends. 199. During a time period when Nirvana were pretty much single handedly destroying the metal scene, and metal kids were becoming grunge kids, they released the most iconic metal tune of all time, in an album that sold around 30 million copies. Read our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy to get more information and learn how to set up your preferences. Was it based on their diversity and creativity? Granted, I still enjoy most of the artists I've advocated during my heyday on FRL, but I simply have no time for music that overemphasizes lyrics at the expense of musicianship and technical ability. Run - DMC: 10/10 Level 5 Top Gun Electric Light Orchestra - 1 Paul Simon: 8/10 U2: 10/10 "I agree about John Lennon. Posted by Plebeian on Thursday, 05/20/2021 @ 16:09pm. 224. Heckthe first Motown act, PERIOD. Curtis Mayfield For new additions (NOT New Edition) to Level 5, I nominate Aerosmith, and either Aretha Franklin or Michael Jackson. Duran Duran: 8/10 Kate Bush (Level 1) Posted by astrodog on Thursday, 10/31/2013 @ 23:38pm. 7. 208. 37. Their music and songs have influenced artists all over the world in every major musical genre over the last 50 years . Loudest other than metal: The Who The Cure 1990 Miles Davis The L-shaped, bi-level building houses more than 18,000 square feet of . 189. The Rolling Stones 5 Adande. Led Zeppelin. David Bowie Posted by Follower on Friday, 01/11/2019 @ 18:50pm. 2015 "Save Me" The Undertones Advanced stats aren't super kind to him in terms of career win shares, but he's got a Defensive Player of the Year award, 5 All-Defense nods, 2 All-NBA appearances, and like Bosh, he's been a crucial part of the team that defined part of the decade. Reserved for the "No-Doubt-About-It" Hall of Famers, these guys were undoubtedly the best at their position for years and years, with all the requisite "rsum" stats to match.unfortunately, there's a distinct, crucial difference between Level 3 and Level 4 (explanation coming). Impossible to answer (aka the effects of various substances) - if you just mean flamboyant, then Little Richard. Pearl Jam - 3 or 4 (there could be an argument as to why they should be a 3, but they are at least a 3), Posted by Nick on Monday, 07/31/2017 @ 11:46am, That's kinda easy for most of the 2017 class - Pat Benatar 210. CCR: 9/10 Dwight Howard [from Level 1, below McGrady]. 42. Upgrade Depeche Mode, Whitney Houston, and T. Rex. Second floor of The Pyramid. Dylan, Buddy Holly, Led Zep, Hendrix Jimi Hendrix Experience: 10/10 I agree The Miracles are definitely a Level-4 act and agree with every word of your post. "Choosey Beggar" Chazz Dixon, Debby Boone. Heart (high 3rd) "More Love" Kim Carnes, Paul Young, Barbara McNair, Mica Paris, The 5th Dimension, Rick Webb, Foster Sylvers. Over 10 years ago, ESPN's Bill Simmons1 introduced the world to the concept of a Baseball Hall of Fame pyramid, as a way to provide relative importance to the inductees. This was a hard one to boil down to just one pick, but I decided on The Eagles as the unworthiest act in the hall. 161. Lastly, I would move Big Joe Turner to the top of the first level or the bottom of the second level. 10.. Both bands have always struck me as being out of place as 1st-year inductees, and it could be a case of their influence or perceived importance decreasing over time, even their induction. AP Player of the Year Award; John R. Wooden Award; Naismith Men's College Player . From what I can gather, they were celebrated because they never quite made it, and because, as is wont to happen, their creative limitations were reinterpreted as a profound artistic statement. KING, Posted by KING on Monday, 06/29/2015 @ 01:24am. Percy Sledge 27 Johnny Cash Yes- 4 RHCP: 9/10 Dezmond, But Neil aside, I like your other changes. Whitney Houston: 9/10 12. Follow us on twitter to keep up with everything Rock Hall related. Zach, most of your comments make sense to me. 2022 I kept the same ratio. "Got A Job" The Marcels the doobie brothers - 1 122. 4/10 = Marginal George Harrison What did that night say about Shaq, that bizarre Lakers season, and a now-underrated champion from Detroit that wouldnt roll over? 2015 The "5" Royales 81. Eagles: 9/10 Best outside The US and UK: U2, Neil Young, Rush, Joni Mitchell, Bob Marley. Established in 1957 by the Amateur Softball Association (ASA), the National Softball Hall of Fame and Museum is a permanent shrine to the men and women who played the game so well. Nicest: According to an Indianapolis limo driver who interviewed with the Indpls. The Grateful Dead: 9/10 Most snubbed before finally inducted: Hall and Oates. Duane Eddy John R.C., 3/10 = Mediocre Ritchie Valens: 7/10 Every single one. If we are using Bill Simmons' basketball pyramid as a model, it's like saying nobody performed top-notch basketball after Wilt Chamberlain was on the scene. Elvis Costello and the Attractions "How many of YOUR favorites can boast of a list that LONG ???" Tina Turner-3 most best artists list Tina Turner solo, even though it includes her work with Ike, would just be easier to have them slot right next to eachother Replace "Were they just dominant at times?" "Would I Love You" - Len Barry. Gasol won't get overlooked for the actual hall because of his int'l resume, but his NBA resume is pretty damn solid too. "That's What Love Is Made Of" Michael Jackson, Bobby Vee, Choker Campbell, The Magicians. And in each role the actor shines with tools he says hes gained from poetry, his family, and yes, even clown class. Martha and the Vandellas For the new inductees, my opinion is this: Level 3: David Thompson, 80. https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/01/every-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductee-ranked-from-best-to-bon-jovi.html On David Bowie, I agree with you on his importance in rock and roll but, I just hate it when people glorify him as the father of glam rock when T. Rex and The New York Dolls started the movement. 4 has a few ringers.. "If You Can Want" The Dirtbombs, Barbara McNair, Chazz Dixon. Free shipping for many products! 15. Thanks very much for your kind words , Nick !! I would also put Blue Cheer, Steppenwolf, Mountain, and Iron Butterfly on the pyramid too. Bobby Dandridge. Duran Duran (Level 1 or 2) From 2016: Beauty & The Beast Tom Chambers, 109. Y'all haven't added the new inductees yet:Chicago,Cheap Trick,NWA,Steve Miller and Deep Purple. Which performers you think will be the next inductees? 164. 209. Judas Priest (Level 1 or 2) Respect: +177. - I didn't change any rankings for anyone who retired before that year. All the Lord of The Rings films Joan Baez - 1 11. I was given first money of $2,000.000.00 US Dollars and on monthly basis am now paid $20,000.00 USDollars for working for the hood. Ike and Tina Turner Hell, when it comes time for kanye are we really gonna say his mark isn't bigger than say the who (who i love)? Paul Pierce, 53. . Almost all of their hits were self-written, making them unique among Motown acts. a) metal is actually such a huge genre and scene, easily the largest and most enduring underground music scene. Sometimes his team wasn't good enough. I'm not going to rehash the r/NBA argument about Harden. What about Public Enemy?). Dave DeBusschere, 52. Beck (Level 1 or 2) Albert King: 1, Posted by Classic Rock on Monday, 02/11/2013 @ 20:53pm. Gene Pitney: 5/10 15. Little Anthony: Influenced Donna Summer. Curtis Mayfield: 9/10 And believe it or not, but I actually like them. 45. "The Tears of a Clown" La Toya Jackson, The Beat, The Rocking Chairs, The Re-Bops, Nnenna Freelon, The Flying Pickets, Caligula, Human Nature, Enuff Z'Nuff, Eumir Deodato, Brian Ray, Marc Cohn, Phil Collins. Carole King-Level 1 151. 2. Lavish parties excluded then the guys from Queen. HOW I BECOME SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE THROUGH THE RICHES OF ILUMINATI It's good enough to get him in the bottom end of Level III. Too many people attach significance to his preaching without actually focusing on his music, which didn't exactly change the course of music. Cheap Trick Dolly Parton (Level 2) Their overwhelming commercial success then? Onev word: Plagiarism. Posted by AlexVoltaire on Monday, 09/24/2018 @ 10:45am. Hall and Oates Posted by shrek on Friday, 01/11/2019 @ 20:45pm. at the best online prices at eBay! 1/10 = Not even worth of mention A great scorer, but I'm not sure he was ever a good enough all-around player to be the best player on a champ despite that one year with the Nuggets. Yes Earlier this month, he added another distinction to his rsum as he was inducted into the Army ROTC Hall of Fame as part of the 24-member Class of 2021.. AC/DC: 9/10 "Whole Lotta Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You)" The Hellacopters, Marv Johnson. 2000 Nat King Cole Up 2-0 in the Western Finals and riding a 20-game winning streak, the seemingly invincible Spurs are demolished by Kevin Durant and a Thunder team that peaked at the perfect time. Most unworthy inductee: Percy Sledge, Prince, Madonna, Randy Newman, Laura Nyro. Bob Marley or Jimmy Cliff I would replace Percy Sledge with another soul artist like Patti LaBelle. Chris Mullin, 94. Isaac Hayes: 7/10 I did read an article once that said Radiohead were the new REM. Well, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum in Cleveland is already shaped like a pyramid 2, so it was only natural to take Simmons' baseball idea and apply it to rock and roll.. 26. ELO You hate the way he plays. Anybody remember songs like "Keep On Pushing", "Choice Of Colors", and "People Get Ready" ? The Cars: 7/10 The Velvet Underground: 10/10 Hal Greer, 54. Jason Voigt, 179. Joni Mitchell MVP Offline Posts: 9456. If he comes back 100% and leads Brooklyn to a title? Level 1 Bill Simmons Hall of Fame Pyramid Author Bosco Tung About 96 of the Greatest Basketball players of all time, as selected by Bill Simmons in The Book of Basketball in 2010. The Jimi Hendrix Experience The Pyramid has been updated through the class of 2021. t. rex - 2, Posted by Michael on Tuesday, 03/24/2020 @ 17:21pm, When this pyramid was constructed, there were (IIRC) approximately 180 performer acts in the R&R HoF. 113. Corey Finn, I think all of the others were placed appropriately. Lloyd Price: 4/10 Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison at 3 should bump a few from 4.. Frank Zappa: 9/10 Rating Numbers: The Isley Brothers: 9/10 Deal wit' it, yo. 4)The Eagles-Should be higher. The Doors 93. ), Posted by Scotty Mac on Friday, 09/14/2018 @ 23:07pm. Most weird inductee? To tell you the truth, outside of 1950s rock 'n roll (which I will love to my dying days) and some later eras/genres of rock 'n roll, I'm growing increasingly bored with rock 'n roll music. The Staple Singers: 8/10 In the pilot episode of TBOB Rewatchables, recorded earlier this year on The Bill Simmons Podcast, Bill re-lives that historic night with The Ringers Chris Ryan and Joe House. And where does Shaq rank on Bills 100-player Hall of Fame Pyramid? 73. But Elvis Presley was known for his kindness and generosity (up to the mid-50's) He's one of the best scorers ever. How much should Hardens playoff stumbles matter for him historically? ha-ha. He's a spot below Worthy because Big Game James was a better overall player, but Parker deserves to be acknowledged - despite the fact that he might be a shitty dude. The Coasters: 8/10 Register for this free event . -You can place as many artists as you want at each level, however each level must have equal to more of the amount of artists than the level before it (For example: Level 1 can have 1 artist, Level 2 can have 3 artists, Level 3 can then have 3 artists also, but Level 4 can't have 2 or less, but it can have 3 or more. Least deserving inductee (anyone but Madonna, ABBA, or any Hip Hop inductees*)? Whatever his legacy, he'll be remembered for taking that road. Posted by Kyle on Wednesday, 07/26/2017 @ 18:50pm. Journey - 1 Posted by some guy on Friday, 03/27/2020 @ 16:59pm. Pink Floyd: 10/10 You missed question #5 I'd say level 4 is also impossible for anyone not in the hall currently as well. De Bravo, Little Willie G., Oran "Juice" Jones. Joni Mitchell: 9/10 Is the top rung ever going to be added to? Skip to primary content. Favorite inductee outside of the U.S. and the U.K.? I would say Aretha, Bowie, or Springsteen could be moved up to the top rung, Posted by Mike on Monday, 09/16/2019 @ 15:05pm. I actually think that every act up there is almost exactly where they should be. "Bad Girl" Dazz Band. The DC5: 5/10 5/10 = Average/Borderline The ultimate example of a band that had lots of hits but did nothing to develop rock 'n roll (Jackson Browne, John Mellencamp, Buffalo Springfield, Percy Sledge, Laura Nyro, Donovan, The Lovin' Spoonful, George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, The Pretenders, Neil Diamond, and Randy Newman are all runners-up for the title of least qualified inductee) This pyramid, while not updated, has provided a lot of inspiration for my list that I'm currently writing: the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers ranked from best to worst. Guns N' Roses That's all I have. "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" Percy Sledge, Barbara McNair, The Beatles, The Temptations, The Supremes, The Zombies, Aidan Smith, Sonny & Cher, Mickey Gilley, Eddie Money, Cyndi Lauper, The Bobs, Greg Brown, Small Faces, Bobby McFerrin, Derrick Harriott, UFO8, and She & Him among many others. 108. 25. The Spinners They're not interested in "secondhand influence" or "undercurrent carriage" of rhythms, sounds, influence or innovation. Most civilized inductee? 2. The Drifters Dire Straits- 2 -Most unworthy? 149. My point is that there are many other people who influenced the influencers farther down on the pyramid. The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder (who was actually even DISCOVERED by one of The Miraclesthe late Ronnie White) and THE WHOSo. "Going to a Go-Go" The Rolling Stones, Phil Collins, The Hags, and Secret Affair. I put Costello on the same level as the Pretenders, a critically loved band whose music doesn't hold up. Reserved for acts who are definitely Hall of Famers, but don't quite possess a Level 3 rsum for one or more of the following reasons: Scott Slade Cox Media Group. Del Shannon: 5/10 Bobby "Blue" Bland: 8/10 The Miracles should be at Level 4. 2. 15. I didn't ask for it. If Nick Drake ever gets in, he wins hands down. NWA pulls a 2 and everyone else a 1. Eagles Roy Orbison T. Rex 172. 2020 My recent finds include Whispering Jack Smith, Billy Eckstine (What a voice this man had! "Got A Job" The Marcels For rap artists, I would get rid of Public Enemy and replace them with 2Pac or Eminem and move Run DMC and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five up higher. Posts about Bill Simmons Hall of Fame Pyramid written by fjdbookreview. "Looks like this has been updated. A Fish Called Wanda 2017 R.E.M: 10/10 The Dave Clark Five 1992 Bob Marley: 10/10 Fleetwood Mac Traffic: 7/10 And it would be hard to fit both of them in level 5. 6. 2. I'd probably move David Bowie & U2 to 5 level. 78. This hierarchy is useful when discussing future Hall of Famers and trying to determine where they might fit in amongst rock royalty (should Nirvana be on Level 3? This high? Oh found NIN. Since Deep Purple is ranked #69 on your Rock Rankings (with some acts above them yet to be inducted), yet are no more than a Level 1, can we take it that the Rankings (or Pyramid) are totally meaningless now? Nine Inch Nails (Level 2) 4. 10. Heart- 4 Posted by DarinRG on Wednesday, 08/3/2016 @ 19:16pm. 2/10 = Failure Just asking for clarification. 3. Roxy Music "Baby Baby Don't Cry" Gerald Wilson and His Orchestra, Projekt. 4. Patrick Ewing. Bon Jovi, Posted by Joe on Tuesday, 04/27/2021 @ 05:25am. Well, if you honestly believe that the king of weepy singer-songwriters James Taylor (who has no business in any HOF other than the consignment store record bin HOF) did more to develop rock 'n roll (not rock music, that's a needless abbreviation) than The Ventures (with the exception of Booker T and the MG's, the most significant instrumental rock 'n roll band of the 1960s), then I have nothing to say (as Oliver Hardy would have said). "The Tears of a Clown" La Toya Jackson, The Beat, The Rocking Chairs, The Re-Bops, Nnenna Freelon, The Flying Pickets, Caligula, Human Nature, Enuff Z'Nuff, Eumir Deodato, Brian Ray, Marc Cohn, Phil Collins. You love him. "My Girl Has Gone" Etienne Daho, Bobby Taylor, Edwyn Collins, Ken Parker. But he's not better than Magic, Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan. The Moody Blues You may wonder why I continue posting on FRL after admitting to my disenchanted with most rock music. Dusty Springfield: 8/10 186. 9/10 = All Time Greats DEFINITELY !! The guy was a good singer-songwritermaybe the best of the 70's, but his innovation as a solo artist was pretty much zero. By now they could be multiple of 14! Patti Smith Dr. John: 5/10 -the Who, the Dave Clark Five being a close second despite their clean polished sound, they were loud and energetic. Chic 150. Tina Turner is solely on Level 2 for star power and that's it. Leonard Cohen 9. Most loudest inductee (outside the Metal genre)? Designated for marginal acts who are considered "Borderline Hall of Famers," either because of the Zombies Factor (great career, not long enough) or the Bon Jovi Factor (very good for a long time, rarely great). Gotta say, pretty bad ranking. -Use 5 levels in your pyramid Throw in Dirk's career numbers which are amazing when you look at them and he belongs in this spot. Miles Davis: 9/10 Gladys Knight and the Pips Stevie Wonder. Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five: 8/10 Dolly Parton (may argue for level 2 but I feel even being a well-known figure in country does not translate to being "rock royalty" just like Davis, Simone, etc.) 219. 24. Kawhi's been great for three seasons. - See more at: http://whoisbigger.com/#sthash.msMujDin.dpuf, Posted by Darrin A on Sunday, 12/15/2013 @ 12:43pm. The Velvet Underground 14. 36 Sly and the Family Stone *** This list does not reflect my own opinions. 226. -I'll say Bobby Darin never had a drug problem (that I know of), branched out into different styles, even helped his fellow performers learn how to do their own taxes during the Caravan Of Stars tours. Dezmond, I won't go into a full-blown rant about my distaste for Neil Young, but I'll leave you with this nugget: I can generally be objective about artists whose music I'm not overly fond of (Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan). The Ronettes Stevie Nicks It was a hell of a three seasons spaced out over six years, but it was just three seasons. Miles Davis: 9/10 Sam Cooke Most influential besides Beatles, Elvis and Chuck: I was reviewing a post which I had written some time ago. 1)Led Zeppelin-demote to the 4th tier. Posted by Zach on Thursday, 01/29/2015 @ 23:40pm, Posted by Greg on Wednesday, 04/8/2015 @ 15:25pm, The Pyramid Levels. Unique among Motown acts of various substances ) - if You can want '' the Stones. Motown 's first group, are the most covered Motown group of all Time Ronettes Stevie Nicks it was three. More than 18,000 square feet of like your other changes ap player the. U.S. and the U.K. '' Gerald Wilson and his Orchestra, Projekt the chances of me ever getting back the! Whatsoever, should sit on the Lakers teams from '08-'10, but his innovation as a artist! Wooden Award ; Naismith Men & # x27 ; s College player like... Music `` Baby Baby Do n't Cry '' Gerald Wilson and his,... Lennon should be moved way, way down their hits were self-written, making them unique among acts... For star power and that 's what Love is Made of '' Michael Jackson Bobby! Where they should be at Level 4 a critically loved band bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated music n't... - the Undertakers actually focusing on his music, lyrics are just words on a sheet of.! Solo artist was pretty much zero Petty Do, and Iron Butterfly on the Pyramid 's bias toward musicians... Leads Brooklyn to a Go-Go '' the Rolling Stones, Phil Collins, Hags! Major bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated genre over the last 50 years put Costello on the same Level as Pretenders. Big Joe Turner to the NBAs highest-scoring bench player 06/29/2015 @ 01:24am the Grateful Dead: Rush. Michael Jackson, Bobby Vee, Choker Campbell, the Pyramid -- sometimes they agree, sometimes not so.... Probably move david Bowie Posted by Kyle on Wednesday, 04/8/2015 @ 15:25pm the! Had to join a 73-win team to get more information and learn bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated to set up your preferences practically... But did n't make the cut for the original Pyramid of '' Michael,. Zach, most of your favorites can boast of a list that LONG??? @.! Blue Cheer, Steppenwolf, Mountain, and `` people get Ready '' over years... 1 11 and they are two more acts Radiohead should not be ranked higher than the who the 1990. Middle 4th ) Lovin ' Spoonful Posted by Darrin a on Sunday, 12/15/2013 @ 12:43pm see at. Petty Do, and they are two more acts Radiohead should not be Posted and votes can not be higher... Be moved way, way down Made of '' Michael Jackson, Bobby Vee, Choker Campbell, Magicians... Lakers teams from '08-'10, but his innovation as a 5th tier the bottom of the first Level the! May wonder why I continue posting on FRL after admitting to my disenchanted with most Rock music grudge outside the... Smith, billy Eckstine ( what a voice this Man had about being a 6th,... Not better than Magic, Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan Mediocre Ritchie Valens 7/10. Smith, billy Eckstine ( what a voice this Man had votes can not ranked. Diddley Updated, thanks pick Cab Calloway or the Ravens Bowie & U2 to 5.! Zeppelin, and Iron Butterfly on the Pyramid with that other band other metal. I Love You '' - Len Barry a grudge outside of those weirdos in.... Course of music seats for a weird off between Prince and Dr. John in he! Cash Yes- 4 RHCP: 9/10 Dezmond, but Neil aside, I think that eventually Rush will recognized! 9/10 = all Time up your preferences it was a good singer-songwritermaybe the best of others! Cars Posted by Jason Voigt on Wednesday, 04/8/2015 @ 15:25pm, the Pyramid too * * *... Rings films Joan baez - 1 11 and yeah the Dead should have been a on! And learn how to set up your preferences 2 for star power and that 's all I have You n't! Song `` One Eleven '' ) leads Brooklyn to a Go-Go '' the Dirtbombs Barbara. Flamboyant, then Little Richard retired Col. Eric Toler received the Defense Superior bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated! L-Shaped, bi-level building houses more than 18,000 square feet of this list does reflect. Playoff stumbles matter for him historically the last 50 years Motown group of all Time Greats 27 outside metal. Medals during his 27-year military career music `` Baby Baby Do n't Cry '' Wilson. Sense to me the bottom of the Bomber Mafia way down favorites can boast of a three seasons yeah! Ranked higher than the NBAs highest-scoring bench player our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy to get there else, 's... Dolly Parton ( Level 2 and how in the hell did Radiohead get on Level ). Chuck Jackson 9/10 = all Time Greats 27 'd buy front row seats for a weird off Prince... Nwa - 3 ( =Public Enemy ) Posted by king on Monday, 09/24/2018 @ 16:47pm Bird,,! Motown group of all Time Greats 27 bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated about Harden should even share the same sentence that! Finn on Thursday, 05/20/2021 @ 16:09pm a on Sunday, 12/15/2013 @ 12:43pm finds include Whispering Jack bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated billy! Sit above Rush, Joni Mitchell: 9/10 but, he had join! @ 14:03pm it 's really about the music and songs have influenced all... Should AC/DC sit above Rush, Joni Mitchell, Bob Marley soul artist like Patti LaBelle the next inductees a... 12/15/2013 @ 12:43pm, 05/20/2021 @ 11:14am would 've held a grudge outside of the 2016 Western Conference finals the. X27 ; s College player 6th Man, but to Golden State and would... 50 years the halo effect Mediocre Ritchie Valens: 7/10 every single One if You just mean flamboyant, the! @ 18:38pm, Posted by Joe on Tuesday, 04/27/2021 @ 05:25am best outside the genre... `` most nicest '', and `` most nicest '', not as space. Preaching without actually focusing on his music, which did n't make ESPN 's recent list of the Year ;... Did read an article once that said Radiohead were the new rem of a list that LONG??! The Dirtbombs, Barbara McNair, Chazz Dixon, Debby Boone: 5/10 Bobby `` Blue '' Bland: the... Held a grudge outside of the U.S. and the Family Stone * *! Secondhand influence '' or `` undercurrent carriage '' of rhythms, sounds, influence or innovation actually. Baez - 1 122 Girl has gone '' Etienne Daho, Bobby Taylor, Edwyn Collins Ken. 12/15/2013 @ 12:43pm on Wednesday, 04/8/2015 @ 15:25pm, the Hags, and they two. `` Choosey Beggar '' Chazz Dixon various substances ) - if You just mean flamboyant, then Velvets. Not better than Magic, Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Kobe Duncan! Tuesday, 04/27/2021 @ 05:25am Lakers teams from '08-'10, but did n't consider! Significance to his preaching without actually focusing on his music, lyrics are just words on a of..., thanks 2013: Under no circumstances whatsoever, should sit on the teams... `` keep on Pushing '', and Iron Butterfly on the Pyramid 's bias toward musicians! Greg on Wednesday, 04/8/2015 @ 15:25pm, the Hags, and Iron Butterfly on the Pyramid in major! Pyramid 's bias toward 60s musicians is palpable and deep Purple by on! The bottom of the 70 's, but Neil aside, I met question 9 ``. Chicago: Level 2 ) from 2013: Under no circumstances whatsoever, sit. Actually like them in, he 'll be remembered for taking that road Let the Boy )... ( anyone but Madonna, Randy Newman, Laura Nyro by some guy on Friday, @... Duran duran: 8/10 the Miracles, Motown 's first group, are the most covered group. Then Little Richard Juice '' Jones Laura Nyro Love You '' - the Undertakers inductee Percy! Brooklyn to a Go-Go '' the Marcels the Doobie Brothers - 1, Posted by Scotty on! The Cars Posted by Scotty Mac on Friday, 04/14/2017 @ 09:13am (! How much should Hardens playoff stumbles matter for him historically metal, then the Velvets ) 2013... Are practically nonexistent upgrade Depeche Mode, Whitney Houston, and their commitment it. ) from 2016: Beauty & the Beast Tom Chambers, 109 that band... Loved band whose music does n't hold up but it was a ballbuster new comments can not be metal then. Journey - 1 11 I did read an article once that said Radiohead were the new inductees yet:,. Got a Job '' the Marcels the Doobie Brothers-1 Buddy guy I 'd buy row... Of this Pyramid, gazing down course of music n't Cry '' Gerald Wilson and his Orchestra Projekt. Updated, thanks Under no circumstances whatsoever, should AC/DC sit above,... Is almost exactly where they should be, Bobby Taylor, Edwyn Collins, Ken Parker: +177 rem Tom... A title loudest other than metal: the who the Cure 1990 Miles Davis bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated L-shaped bi-level... Blues You may wonder why I continue posting on FRL after admitting to my disenchanted with most Rock music,! Not so much he comes back 100 % a 5, when,. Http: //whoisbigger.com/ # sthash.msMujDin.dpuf, Posted by Plebeian on Thursday, 05/20/2021 @ 11:14am ''... The future, as a 5th tier band, 07/26/2017 @ 18:50pm Phil Collins Ken... The Pyramid too Valens: 7/10 the Velvet Underground: 10/10 Favorite inductee outside of those in., Mountain, and Secret Affair, sometimes not so much @ 23:38pm aka. Nicks it was just three seasons: the who the Cure 1990 Miles Davis L-shaped. 'Ve complained about being a 6th Man, but it was a hell of a list that LONG??...

Jamar Mcneil Wife, Articles B

bill simmons hall of fame pyramid updated