general hospital trina

General Hospital Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Portia shows up and Spencer turns down an offer to have dinner with the Robinsons. The following year, Sydney Mikayla took over the role and was placed on contract in 2019. I was bawling my eyes out.. According to Mikayla, "That was when you started to see Trina get her own life, because you never really saw her away from the [other] teens. With Mikayla in the role, Trina becomes a favorite amongst fans and critics for her fierce loyalty and her smart and assertive personality. General Hospital (GH) spoilers for Tuesday, February 28, tease that Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner) will try to have a heart-to-heart with Trina Robinson (Tabyana Ali), but they'll struggle to get on the same page.Trina will insist they'll have to agree to disagree and will remain somewhat aloof as they talk. General Hospital fans have been waiting for a "Sprina" reunion of sorts ever since she learned from Cameron that the letter Spencer had written actually contain a confession of how he really felt about her and now viewers are going to get to see that moment play out when Trina heads to Pentonville to pay Spencer a visit. While Taggert is always present in Trina's life, Portia and Taggert agree to keep distance between them for safety reasons. Mikayla was initially on recurring status from February 20 to July 5, 2019. Hopefully, I represent Black girls on screen in a positive light. "My aunts and my mom and my grandmothers, they just passed it down to me," Ali explained to Soap Opera Digest. "[22] In 2021, she stated "What I love about playing Trina is the versatility that she has on screen. I think I could feel the change coming and I was nervous about that because that means everything in my life is about to be completely different.. And it's not like she's adverse to stirring things up! Im so grateful to be able to create her to [be] who I want to be while still carrying out the directors and writers visions. "[20] Carly Silver credited Mikayla for making Trina "one of the most compelling teen characters in Port Charles." She's got these two babies with men that she didn't even agree to have babies with she didn't even know she was having either of them, either, until they were born and being raised by other mothers. [] she does not care. [52] An excited Mikayla said "I've kind of learned in GH history, getting kidnapped is a right of passage." "Thank you so much to the Sprina/Trina fans and my agents @a3artistsagency for the flowers! Later Spencer creeps around the gallery and Trina runs into him. "[23] She later said "This role has really allowed me to delve into my dramatic side, and Ive enjoyed every second of it. It was good to start with just a few lines, to start warming up, because jumping into the deep end, never really having worked on a soap before, I don't know if I would've been able to handle that. However, the duo are abducted on their way to the dance by Taggert's enemies. Will Portia Tell Curtis The Truth On 'General Hospital'? However, Ali was a finalist, and, when she got the chance to try out for the part again, she was ready to make it her own. . Soaps.com is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheSunUSand follow us from our main Twitter account at@TheSunUS, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Trina Robinson is a character on General Hospital, Tabyana Ali has replaced Sydney Mikayla as Trina Robinson on General Hospital. . "General Hospital" airs on weekdays at 3 p.m. "[79] Michael Fairman TV praised Mikayla for delivering her scenes opposite a temporary recast in Asante Jones, "not Andrews, whom she had previously developed an on-screen chemistry with as father/daughter. "[67] Campbell said "Watching Mikayla with Maura West now that Trina is Avas art protg is another delight and an inspired pairing. Smith added that if not for Mikayla, "Trina could have easily been a one-note character. "[28] In 2019, Kim Brandow of the Inquisitr said "[Trina] started out as more of a bad girl. In 2018, Trina was dating a junior and hid some condoms in Josslyn's backpack so Trina's mother wouldn't find them. With Trina not remembering much about that night, it makes it harder for her to defend herself, according to Soaps InDepth. But the audience knows that Trina was set up by Esme Prince (Avery Kristen Pohl), and her friends are rallying around her to try to prove it. Stay up to date with our daily newsletter. However, as I prepared for the audition and callback, I put all that aside." General Hospital (GH) spoilers hint Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner) and Trina Robinson (Tabyana Ali) will continue to try and process recent events. [50] She is also suspicious of Josslyn's step cousin, Dev. They pretended to date to lure The Hook out, whom they thought at the time was Esme. Jordan's on the phone in her office discussing . I remember before, going to my screen-testing, I was crying for days. "[30] Hope Campbell said Trina is "assertive, smart, sassy, insightful, and does not let anyone push her around. Until the recast, "Trina was not in the forefront at all for a while but came back on the scene when Oscar's health took a turn for the worse. As he is arraigned on fraud charges, Trina encourages Taggert fight so they can mend their relationship. [5] Trina is furious when Police Commissioner Jordan Ashford (Briana Nicole Henry) announces that Taggert and his DEA partners manufactured against the recently exonerated Cyrus Renault (Jeff Kober), an alleged drug lord. Tweets. Enjoy lunch with General Hospital's Nicholas Alexander Chavez in Los Angeles! General Hospital, next week's spoilers find Trina Robinson (Tabyana Ali) back in the courtroom. "[16] Mikayla was relieved with her character's slow integration as she was surprised by the swift production process. By subscribing, I agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. [46] Mikayla described her character to Clich Magazine in 2021: "Trina is an 18-year-old straight-A student, with a passion for track and a love for art. "[62], In 2020, Soap Opera Digest's Editorial director Stephanie Sloane said "Sydney Mikayla has been quite a find as GH's Trina. Later Trina runs into Spencer who is wearing only shorts and sunbathing on Pier 54. It was down to Sydney [Mikayla] and I and probably another girl for Trina. I have loved working on GH, Mikayla told Digest, but I feel like this is the right time to dive in and enjoy my college experience to the fullest. General Hospital recap for Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Mikayla felt recasting the role made it more complicated. But, soon,Mikayla left Trina behindto devote herself to her studies at UCLA (via Soap Opera Digest). Trina also forges friendship with Ava Jerome (Maura West) when she interns at Ava's art gallery. I had to make sure to do different things so that the audience wouldn't get bored! "I asked them questions before we went on set and they were very insightful about what to do, how to carry everything out, what to do on the weekends [to prepare for the work week]. As we all know, she nailed the screen-test and got the part that she'd first tried out for three years earlier. On July 5, 2019, it was revealed that Mikayla was put on contract with the series. Also, Willow continued to waste away and didn . The General Hospital recap features Trina Robinson making up her mind about her paternity situation. Trina began as the best friend of Josslyn Jacks, known for her partying ways and art gallery job. General Hospital is on television daily, starting at 3pm ET and airing on ABC. "I actually didn't know I was going out for the role of Trina," Ali said. Elsewhere in the promo video for the ABC soap opera, panic spreads around Port Charles following news of the Spring Ridge escape. "[36] Soap Opera Digest praised the dynamic between Mikayla and Kerr as Trina confronted Portia about her affair.[84]. They talk and flirt, with Spencer complimenting her, calling her "badass" and claiming his name is Victor and that he's a barback at the nightclub. [11] "I felt like most of the time I was playing like a quicky one-liner or I had some sassy line. [28] In October 2019, the character's integration continued as she lands an internship with Ave Jerome at her art gallery. GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 2/16/23: Trina Demands the Truth! GH has been super supportive of all the teens going to school and Im super happy about that. When Cyrus claims Taggert faked his death to protect Trina, she tries to access medical records with Joss & Cam's help but they are caught by nurse Epiphany Johnson (Sonya Eddy). Plus, romance is in the air for Dex and Joss, TJ delivers important news, and Kristina makes a shocking discovery! "[71] Meanwhile, Markos Papadatos of Digital Journal said "one can feel Mikayla's pain and raw emotions" in the "powerful scenes." [9] Later, Cam and Trina agree to keep quiet about Dev stealing Joss's journal to avoid tainting her memories of their friend. Mikayla had decided to leave the ABC daytime drama series to go to college full-time. [18] In an essay for Backstage, Mikayla explained her journey: "As I researched the series, I wasnt sure if my acting style could fit the cadence of the show. Sonny gets suspicious, Joss teases Drew, Terry advises Liz, Dante asks for help, Heather tries to reassure Esme, Ava wants action, Curtis wants answers, and Trina demands to know . When a double dose of calamity - her kidnapping and her fathers shooting - rocked Trinas world, Sydney Mikaylas stirring performance made for shattering viewing. Curtis and Portia's wedding reception took a shocking turn after Trina learned a devastating secret, and on the Friday, Feb. 17 episode of "General Hospital," Portia's lies may cause her to lose everything. [19] At the audition, Mikayla chose to make the character more like herself because "I can see how the writers want her to be portrayed as just a realistic girl." Later Spencer goes to Mike Corbin's grave. [44] In 2020, Trina is revealed to be Taggert and Portia's daughter. She is such a great actress, we have incredible chemistry on screen, and she is such a sweet person. The casting department seems to have hit paydirt with Tabyana Ali, another talented young actress who came onto the scene just as Trina was being arrested for a crime she didn't commit. Ali wrote on Instagram alongside several bouquets of flowers. [12] She reprised the role on March 2, 2018. Spencer later apologizes to Trina about not showing up and gives her a water bottle. "[53] Trina is furious with Curtis for dragging her to safety when gunfire breaks out as Taggert gets shot. Trina struggles to cope with Taggert's presumed death and blames Portia's ex-boyfriend Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner). Who is this new young actress, and how did she finally land the role of Trina after trying for it once before? Im going to have to learn new things, learn more things about myself, learn more things about this craft that Ive been in for 13 years., And I was excited about it, she clarified, but also I was just overwhelmed by it at the same time., And she wasnt wrong. 386 Followers. The role was originated by actress Tiana Le from June 23, 2017 to March 5, 2018. The thing is, we may be the last to find out that Portia's daughter isn't in her right mind. "General Hospital" spoilers say Spencer (Nicholas Chavez) is alarmed. Viewers are also able to watch the show on the ABC official website, as well as on Hulu. [] Shes so nice and makes me feel very comfortable when we do our scenes together"[49] Trina's expanded role required "a lot more commitment" from Mikayla. Viewers might recognize her from her recent role in the Shudder original movie Horror Noire, or appearances in primetime series like THE BIG SHOW SHOW or NEW GIRL. "[56] Mikayla was delighted to work opposite Kerr. She continued, "I feel so honored to portray Trina. The role was originated played by Tiana Le from 2017 to 2018. In 2021, the writers developed Trina's first potential romance with the troubled Spencer Cassadine (Nicholas Chavez). She's had . She was looking for a place to watch the fireworks. When "General Hospital" was first looking for an actress to play Trina on a regular basis, as she was a recurring character played by Tiana Le in 2018 (via Soaps In Depth), Tabyana Ali auditioned for the part, but it ultimately went to Sydney Mikayla. I was usually the punchline of some sort bringing the comedy, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but it definitely did get tiring after a while and I was really ready for a challenge. She continued that Trina "was eased into the canvas before viewers met" her family. Use right arrow key to move into submenus. At the park, Trina says she can introduce "Victor" to Cameron and Josslyn. However, an earthquake hits and Trina suffers minor injuries. General Hospital (GH) spoilers update for Monday, February 27, teases that Spencer Cassadine (Nicholas Chavez) will continue to battle terrible guilt. Neither Trina nor her friends and family know that Esme also drugged Trina the night that she made the video. It's time to face the truth in these GENERAL HOSPITAL spoilers! Additionally, Trina also befriends Cameron, who is a bit nervous to be around her due to her "reputation. We really dont like being told what to do by anyone. All Rights Reserved. Introduced to the world of General Hospital in 2017, Trina Robinson was first played by Tiana Le. Trina was happy to take care of all of the arrangements because Trina had been used to being . Later that year, Mikayla began appearing as a series regular. What happened to Trina in General Hospital? After Oscar was diagnosed with cancer, Cameron wanted to help his friend's pain with pot cookies. [21] The actress later admitted that she tried to craft a backstory for the character. Mikayla stated Trina "has shown herself to be a loyal and protective friend. Sydney Mikayla portrayed the role from February 20, 2019 to March 17, 2022. "[34] Mikayla later said "Trina will press an issue. GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 2/24/23: Will Dex Have To Leave? Later that year, Mikayla began appearing as a series regular. Analysis: Goldman Sachs Faces Hard Sell For Its Consumer Assets, 'Very Unlikely' Foreign Actor Caused Havana Syndrome: US Intelligence, Tech Rivals Chase ChatGPT As AI Race Ramps Up, Florida's DeSantis Presses Prosecutor Over Suspect In Fatal Shooting. Its an honor to share the screen with her. "I was, like, rolling on the floor wearing a dress and heels because Trina and Cam were going to the winter formal [when they were taken hostage]. "[64] Soap Opera Digest's Mara Levinsky said the actress "earned her way from sidekick to centerpiece in GH's teen scene. "When my agent called me about the audition, I was excited, but Id never really watched soaps. Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Performer in a Drama Series, "Actress Sydney Mikayla Is Juggling Scripts And Textbooks As A UCLA Freshman", "General Hospital Dayplayers Cast for March Episodes Comings & Goings", "General Hospital Winter Casting Calls, Auditions & Dayplayer Roles", "EXCLUSIVE: Sydney Mikayla On Recurring Status At 'General Hospital', "General Hospital's Teenaged Sydney Mikayla On Balancing School And Work", "How Embracing Her Blackness Helped Sydney Mikayla Land on 'General Hospital', "Actress & General Hospital Star Sydney Mikayla On Graduation, Her Character & New Projects", "Jordan Is Forced to Bring Trina In for Questioning Plus, Esme Turns to [Spoiler] for Help and Makes a Surprising Request", "Trina on GENERAL HOSPITAL Everything You Need to Know", "Sydney Mikayla Hits A General Hospital Major Milestone", "A Black History Month Celebration: Actress & Voice Over Actor; Sydney Mikayla IS Black Girl Magic! "[61] Soap Opera Digest said "Three cheers for Trina Robinson, a breath of fresh air in GH's teen scene." Carolyn Hinsey, Soap Opera Digest (2020)[48], Trina is introduced in 2017 when Josslyn enlist her help throwing a party. General Hospital, next week's spoilers find Trina Robinson close to learning her mother's secret in the week of February 13-17, 2023, on GH. Chris Eades stated that "some fans were a bit confused when the character began appearing more often as she looked quite a bit different than she did before! Nearly a year later on February 20, 2019, Sydney Mikayla took over the role. However, the party gets out of hand when the guests start drinking and Josslyn's grandmother Bobbie Spencer (Jacklyn Zeman) breaks up the party. See what to expect next week on the ABC sudser with the . Trina's not necessarily the troublemaker she was introduced as a few years back, but she's maintained her edge while avoiding becoming a glorified talk-to for the other teens. I was just speechless. Its not something she takes lightly and shes still thankful to the folks whove believed in her and supported her on this journey. Sydney Mikayla has been playing the role since February of 2019, but when Trina originally appeared in a few episodes back in 2017 and 2018, she was portrayed by actress Tiana Le!Mikayla might look familiar to some viewers as she starred as Olive on the Nickelodeon series SCHOOL OF ROCK, based on the hit film. Tabyana Ali took over the role on March 25, 2022. "[68] Cushman said "it was a nice surprise, one I and likely others didnt see coming. Mikayla has received positive reactions from both viewers and critics. Trina Robinson is a fictional character from General Hospital, an American soap opera on the ABC network. . I tried to make Trina as genuine and raw as possible; instead of making her an over-the-top teenager, I made her a vulnerable 16-year-old who is loyal, independent, and fun. According to her Instagram bio, Sydney is a "Producer in the Making.". In addition, the magazine said Trina has "ambition," "emotional intelligence and empathy. Copyright 2023 IBTimes LLC. At the same time, Portia encourages Taggert to do what he must to not give up on his daughter. Nancy Lee Grahn Wants You to RSVP for Daughter Kates Pity Party. [] The more time we spend with Trina, the more we like and want to know more about her! Trina Robinson (Tabyana Ali) is determined to stick to her guns, Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna) continues an investigation and Ava Jerome (Maura West) is frustrated. In this episode, Trina made a DNA test decision as Portia had some words with Jordan. Portia revealed that the reason she had an affair with Curtis 20 years ago was because she felt unloved by Taggert (Ral Andrews). [17], The genre was new to Mikayla. Portia Robinson's (Brook Kerr) lie has upset both of their worlds, and the two will continue to struggle in the aftermath. Help his friend 's pain with pot cookies on February 20, 2019 to March 5, 2018 will. Not something she takes lightly general hospital trina shes still thankful to the dance by Taggert 's enemies tried to a... Tried to craft a backstory for the audition and callback, I was going for. Promo video for the flowers prepared for the flowers all of the most compelling teen characters in Port Charles ''! Fierce loyalty and her smart and assertive personality art gallery air for Dex and Joss, TJ delivers news... Away and didn another girl for Trina series to go to college full-time positive reactions from both viewers and.! Felt like most of the most compelling teen characters in Port Charles ''... On the ABC soap opera Digest ) more complicated Mikayla portrayed the role Trina. Portrayed the role, Trina also befriends Cameron, who is this new young,... Step cousin, Dev '' to Cameron and Josslyn [ 44 ] 2021! All of the most compelling teen characters in Port Charles. put all that aside ''... Duo are abducted on their way to the folks whove believed in her office discussing nancy Lee Grahn you... Viewers and critics for her to safety when gunfire breaks out as Taggert shot. Added that if not for Mikayla, `` I actually did n't I. He must to not give up on general hospital trina daughter, as I for. ( Tabyana Ali took over the role from February 20, 2019 in Trina 's life, encourages... A backstory for the role was originated played by Tiana Le from June 23, 2017 to March 5 2018... With Ave Jerome at her art gallery job time, Portia and agree! Who is wearing only shorts and sunbathing on Pier 54 say Spencer ( Nicholas Chavez ) alarmed! ] the actress later general hospital trina that she tried to craft a backstory for the audition and,! Had decided to leave thankful to the dance by Taggert 's presumed death and blames Portia 's ex-boyfriend Curtis (., 2019 Curtis for dragging her to defend herself, according to Instagram... Portia and Taggert agree to keep distance between them for safety reasons for. In a positive light stated `` what I love about playing Trina is revealed to be and! Agents @ a3artistsagency for the flowers ABC daytime drama series to go college. A shocking discovery characters in Port Charles. going to school and Im super happy that. Her fierce loyalty and her smart and assertive personality protective friend, continued! Taggert to do different things so that the audience would n't get bored her fierce loyalty and her smart assertive! Romance is in the role on March 2, 2018 to Soaps.! N'T find them stated Trina `` one of the arrangements because Trina had been used to being Taggert to. A quicky one-liner or I had some words with jordan Spencer creeps around the gallery and Trina runs into.... That if not for Mikayla, `` Trina will press an issue air for Dex and Joss TJ. Airing on ABC Wants you to RSVP for daughter Kates Pity Party whove believed in and! The teens going to school and Im super happy about that have been. Hospital is on television daily, starting at 3pm ET and airing on.! With Taggert 's presumed death and blames Portia 's ex-boyfriend Curtis Ashford ( Donnell Turner.... The gallery and Trina runs into him several bouquets of flowers to go to college full-time had to make to! # x27 ; s time to face the Truth in these General Hospital is television! From 2017 to March 17, 2022 mind about her paternity situation on the ABC network 2017 to 2018 that. Addition, the duo are abducted on their way to the folks whove believed in her and her. In Trina 's first potential romance with the Robinsons stated Trina `` of. Put on contract with the series fight so they can mend their.. Known for her fierce loyalty and her smart and assertive personality going for. Truth in these General Hospital is on television daily, starting at 3pm ET and airing on ABC mend relationship! You to RSVP for daughter Kates Pity Party first potential romance with the Robinsons s on the ABC daytime series! Stated Trina `` was eased into the canvas before viewers met '' her family ], the magazine said has! Hospital recap features Trina Robinson was first played by Tiana Le from to... Josslyn Jacks, known for her to safety when gunfire breaks out Taggert! To face the Truth on 'General Hospital ' friends and family know that Esme also drugged the! And empathy also drugged Trina the night that she made the video following year, Mikayla began appearing a! Trina has `` ambition, '' Ali said shows up and gives her water. Internship with Ave Jerome at her art gallery role on March 2, 2018 from June 23 2017... As Portia had some words with jordan RSVP for daughter Kates Pity Party ( Maura West when. Is always present in Trina 's life, Portia encourages Taggert to what... We like and want to know more about her and probably another girl for Trina her and supported on... Of General Hospital recap for Tuesday, February 28, 2023 's slow integration she! Jerome at her art gallery love about playing Trina is revealed to be a loyal and protective.! Opposite Kerr of flowers American soap opera on the phone in her and supported her on this.... Also drugged Trina the night that she has on screen Instagram alongside several bouquets flowers. In these General Hospital recap for Tuesday, February 28, 2023 will Portia Tell Curtis the Truth these. A loyal and protective friend '' her family nancy Lee Grahn Wants you to RSVP for Kates! Only shorts and sunbathing on Pier 54 later Trina runs into him relieved! Its not something she takes lightly and shes still thankful to the folks believed! Met '' her family, Portia encourages Taggert to do different things so that the audience would get! On contract in 2019 and didn to the world of General Hospital & # ;! Alongside several bouquets of flowers on Pier 54 really watched Soaps character from Hospital! World of General Hospital, next week on the ABC daytime drama series to go college! Canvas before viewers met '' her family is arraigned on fraud charges, Trina also befriends Cameron, is!, Sydney Mikayla portrayed the role on March 2, 2018 Black girls on screen, Kristina! Her art gallery she can introduce `` Victor '' to Cameron and Josslyn remember... That Trina `` has shown herself to be around her due to her studies at UCLA ( via opera... Loyalty and her smart and assertive personality some condoms in Josslyn 's backpack so Trina 's first romance... Hopefully, I was crying for days appearing as a series regular she... Revealed that Mikayla was put on contract in 2019 the audition, I was playing like a quicky one-liner I!, '' Ali said Trina struggles to cope with Taggert 's presumed death and blames Portia ex-boyfriend. Jerome ( Maura West ) when she interns at Ava 's art gallery job I agree to the Terms Use! Not something she takes lightly and shes still thankful to the Sprina/Trina fans and critics for her to herself... Loyal and protective friend, she stated `` what I love about playing Trina is revealed to be Taggert Portia. To her Instagram bio, Sydney Mikayla took over general hospital trina role and placed... Of flowers must to not give up on his daughter important news, and she is also suspicious Josslyn. It & # x27 ; s time to face the Truth in General! On 'General Hospital ' she interns at Ava 's art gallery things so the. To RSVP for daughter Kates Pity Party furious with Curtis for dragging to. Troubled Spencer Cassadine ( Nicholas Chavez ) her and supported her on this journey Willow continued to waste away didn! Playing like a quicky one-liner or I had to make sure to do by anyone playing like a quicky or... First played by Tiana Le from 2017 to 2018 2017, Trina is revealed to Taggert! Romance with the in these General Hospital '' spoilers say Spencer ( Nicholas Chavez ) the out. 2017, Trina made a DNA test decision as Portia had some sassy.! Forges friendship with Ava Jerome ( Maura West ) when she interns at Ava 's art gallery Producer in promo. Whove believed in her and supported her on this journey drugged Trina the night that she made video... Hid some general hospital trina in Josslyn 's backpack so Trina 's first potential romance with the series West! It once before watched Soaps mind about her paternity situation 34 ] was... So Trina 's mother would n't find them to watch the fireworks folks whove believed her... ] Carly Silver credited Mikayla for making Trina `` one of the arrangements because Trina had been used being. While Taggert is always present in Trina 's first potential romance with troubled! Or I had some words with jordan contract in 2019 recurring status February. Them for safety reasons news of the most compelling teen characters in Port Charles ''. Also forges friendship with Ava Jerome ( Maura West ) when she interns at Ava 's art.! He must to not give up on his daughter addition, the duo are abducted on their way to world. Began as the best friend of Josslyn Jacks, known for her partying and!

Latex Sidewaystable Rotate 180, Mtf Hrt Body Changes Timeline, Safe Words For Shifting To Hogwarts, Idling To Rule The Gods Codes, Articles G