iberia business class chicago to madrid

Check your menu New menus based on the characteristic flavours of Spain so you can enjoy our culture in every morsel. Read our full review of the Dallas Flagship Lounge! That 100 mb lasted me 30 minutes haha. Thrifty Tip #1: Don't live in Chicago, New York, or Boston? Airports like Istanbul and Singapore indicate boarding as starting 1 hour before departure. But it gets even better if you've got Chase points from a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Thanks to a 30% transfer bonus to British Airways available through July 31, you can book a one-way flight to Madrid next year in lie-flat business class using just 27,000 Chase points or book a roundtrip for 53,000 points total! I cant help but wonder what exactly happened here? It is not the bank advertisers responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. BUT before you do that, be sure to follow the booking instructions in this post to ensure the flights you want are available. Booking wasn't as easy as I thought. Only dates in red will incur a higher charge. Why is Miami airport so bad? Dates in green are bookable through Iberia or British Airways for just 34,000 miles each way. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to book these flights! Take-off 30 Sep 19, 16:45. And when I saw Iberia's offer from Madrid to Cancn (with a connecting Interjet flight in economy from Mexico City) for only 980 return I decided to book quickly. About 20 minutes later, flight attendants came out with the starter. 2023 Thrifty Traveler. It's a pretty standard business class seat. The lavatories were pretty standard, and werent kept particularly clean. It's comfortable, the food and service are good to great, and it has everything you need to arrive in Europe feeling refreshed. Get our daily email for the latest in travel, flight deals, and how to save on your next trip. Gossipping between then constantlythere seemed to be plenty of time for THAT! MIA is horrible for the lines and how slow they move, and the lack of TSA-pre came as a shock to me too. While I could have booked this flight directly through British Airways Executive Club, that would have come with $700+ in carrier imposed surcharges. is a director of content at TPG and was one of the site's first contributors in 2012. But why are airlines still doing this in 2022? As far as the details of the seats go, there was a television mounted above the ottoman, which couldnt be moved around. My first time on Iberia. Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. The best part? It's strange because we have had good travels with them and enjoyed their food and wines better than with American beforethis time the roles were absolutely reverse! The food, entertainment and service were excellent, but what wowed me was the flat-reclining seat. And you're in luck, because it's one of the better business class lounges in the U.S. By U.S. standards, this lounge is positively massive. Then the cheaper airlines saw the money in this and started to sell bags by the kg (like Ryanair). I was hungry so it worked (yes I know not very high praise but there you are). OK you travel for free? Many countries have dropped all COVID-19 entry restrictions, while others like Spain require just proof of vaccination to get in you won't need a supplementary COVID-19 test to get in nor a negative test to fly home. Find the right card for you. Search for Madrid flights on KAYAK now to find the best deal. Ive flown Iberia business class, and my experiences are very similar to yours. Service began about 30 minutes after takeoff in a classic Spanish way: with small dishes of nuts and olives and a drink of choice. To use my chase points do I book thru chase or Iberia? Get a restricted access error? Best card for premium perks while traveling, Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, The Business Platinum Card from American Express, Ritz-Carlton is coming to Italy, Hyatt opens in San Miguel de Allende and other hotel news you missed. I used up the free voucher in less than ten minutes. Scroll through the dates and pick the nonstop Iberia business class flight that works! Iberia business class offers the cheapest way to get to Europe in style using miles. British Airways recently eliminated all of its additional taxes and fees from these award tickets, matching exactly what Iberia itself charges. However, the weather in Spain in February is still vastly superior to what you'd experience in Chicago. The shrimp with risotto was flavorful and somewhat original, though not the best airline meal Ive had. While the selection as such was pretty good, the system was somewhat slow to respond. The last one. IB crew can be a bit disinterested, though they are generally much nicer to my Spanish-speaking husband than me even when I make an effort to speak a little Spanish. With these seats very dated I appreciated the rolled up cover that went completely over your seat / bed. Look no further. And while that's not horrible, it eats into valuable sleep time on the short, seven-hour flight across the Atlantic Ocean. The Airbus A340-600/A330-300 and A350 models offer our Premium Economy class so you can enjoy more comfort, more features and a more personalised service on long-haul flights. This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. Alternatively Iberia Plus is transfer partners with both Amex Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards. But the way each seat is laid out alternates by row in a staggered arrangement, with some seats close to the aisle and others separated from it. Aircraft Airbus A350-900. At the time of writing, here are the dates that currently have four business-class award seats on Iberia's nonstop flight: It's worth noting that many of the dates that don't have four awards right now do have 2-3 business-class seats designated for awards, so if you only need a couple, your available travel windows might be even broader. Biz Class to Madrid from 34K Each Way; A One-Way Flight to Lisbon for 35K; . Guessing some outstations do not have consistent meal choices. Don't have Iberia or British Airways miles? Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. But they certainly get the job done. I had to call to their attention that we had JUST received (an untimely meal mind you!) Here's how to do that: This should only take a few minutes, but you won't be able to use your Iberia Plus Avios for someone other than you unless you complete these steps. They're massive and have wide footrests, which make them comfortable for sleeping. I hope all airlines arent like this. I just wish IB flew a nonstop JFK-BCN with their business class product instead of just the low-cost Level brand thats all-coach. Until recently, this tier included Chicago-O'Hare (ORD) to Madrid, with off-peak business class awards pricing at 34,000 Avios one-way. I wouldn't hesitate to fly Iberia again if the price is right or the schedule is ideal. Both transfer on a 1:1 basis. A nice touch with the pillow and blanket that were both comfortable. Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card Limited-time promotion:BEST EVER OFFER! Your email address will not be published. There were plenty of new Hollywood releases on board, along with a mix of some recent hits and a few classics as well. Now some cabin shots: We had chosen, in the middle of the cabin, the honeymoon suites as many call them, that is, you are sitting VERY close to your seat mate. Enter all of your travel companion's information, then click Add. You can learn about how to transfer Chase points here: https://thriftytraveler.com/guides/points/chase-transfer-partners/. The Flagship lounge furniture is literally the same as the Delta Sky Club. That's not a terrible price, but it's far from a sweet spot. Thanks for sharing and I look forward reading the rest of the trip report especially the Qatar's experience on the 787-9. ast month from Miami to Madrid is the WORST Business class experience EVER! One was very nice and the other undrinkable. Dismissive aircrew , never again. As is the case on nearly all transatlantic flights, Iberia flights are fairly short. On this flight Iberia charged 20.49 for a full flight Wi-Fi pass, or 13.49 for a four hour Wi-Fi pass, all with no data caps. It also has codeshare agreements with more than 20 other carriers. Click on your name at the top right, then click on My Iberia Plus. Iberia Checked Baggage Allowance All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 50 pounds (23 kg) and max linear dimensions of 62 inches (158 cm). At 26 inches across, it's plenty wide to sit and sleep in. All I could ask. The tray table folded out from the side of the seat in front. The A330-200 and A330-300 can be operated for flights of practical any distance. I'm flying the route twice this year and taking both the 7 and 10/11 pm flight in consecutive months during the summer (wedding season!) At some point I decided to get up. @ Aaron -- I'm working on investigating, but my gut says that it's some sort of a glitch. Despite having CLEAR, it still took 45 minutes to get through security. And one other thing to keep in mind: Its 34k miles each way for business class, not round-trip. The seats are fine, the food is generally good. With low mileage rates and moderate fees, British Airways and Iberia are both great ways to book. one of the best deals in points and miles, Many countries have dropped all COVID-19 entry restrictions. Log into your British Airways Executive Club account, click Book and Book a flight with Avios, and you're where you need to be. The seat itself is reasonably comfortable and plenty spacious. In the US, airlines are definitely more lax with carry-on size and weight, while non-US airlines aren't. TSA Pre: another option wouldve been booking an AA ticket with TSA Pre and canceling it once inside. Great menu, service, and attention to detail.something has happened during Covid? Otherwise, it's worth booking through British Airways instead. The seats are plenty comfortable, the food is good, and you can sip on delicious Spanish wines as you cross over the Atlantic Ocean. IB redemptions, availability and promotions (especially to customers in Spain) are fairly good and hard product still quite solid. The flight was an hour late leaving, surely mot their fault, but then the RUSH, PRESSURE, QUALITY OF THE FOOD..awful! Iberia Business Class Review: Madrid to Medellin. js.src = "//player.ex.co/player/23271d62-c1c8-4817-9fa4-8afdbda97892"; You have successfully joined our subscriber list. My biggest complaint is they often We've flown IB between MIA and MAD quite a few times. And at these rates, its worth it, if you ask me. If this is four stars, then what is five and how far above five is Qatar or Emirates? Initially, Iberia Airlines would only fly within the Spanish territories. The flight attendants were by no means proactive, in the sense that they werent constantly passing through the aisle to see if anyone wanted anything. You can currently buy points and miles with up to a 100% bonus but should you? By your head, there's a small reading light. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. In particular, when sleeping many people in these seats have their legs just kind of spill over into the aisle, given the lack of a partition, which can be tricky. The last time I flew Iberia, the airline charged for Wi-Fi based on data usage, with absolutely outrageous costs. LOL! I can not tell you the one that was good (I know bad blogger sorry). Courses 58 View detail Preview site In Iberia business class, you'll experience Mediterranean-inspired food, lie-flat seats and free baggage, along with exclusive lounges in the Madrid airport. We were at our arrival gate at Terminal 4 just five minutes later, roughly 40 minutes early. A round-trip, business-class award ticket on Iberia's nonstop flight would only set you back 68,000 credit card points. However, I'd jump on these sooner rather than later, as I doubt this availability will last. A wonderful welcome to the so called superpower. Thats no longer the case. Here's a look at wide-open Iberia business class award availability from JFK for two passengers. Plan: Surf 3 hours (100 mb) Price 15 euro. Every Iberia business class seat is equipped with a 15.4-inch screen. Earn $900 bonus cashback(90,000 points) after spending $6,000 in purchases within three (3) months of card membership approval. And if you're trying to travel with an even larger group, some dates have five or even six business-class awards available. View the current offers here. In the air, their flight crew did the bare minimum and asking for a drink was like I had pulled a knife on them - terrible - and they routinely ignored call buttons from other passengers. If, on the other hand, you're transferring Chase points or don't mind the additional wait for your Amex transfer to process, simply create a new Iberia Plus account (be sure to use the same name as your credit card account) and link it to the program from which you want to transfer. modern one. For years, Iberia has been the go-to way to book these flights to score those savings as British Airways Avios tickets tacked on some hefty fees. But Iberia agents also arent exactly trustworthy. I flew MAD-SDQ business class and it was absolutely terrible . Iberia A330-300s have 29 seats in Business class, 21 seats in Premium Economy, and 242 in Economy. . Iberia's normal WiFi costs are pretty exorbitant: A 50MB pass cost $39.99. Did MAD-JFK just prior to COVID in J, and I have to say it was the worst experience both on the ground and in the air. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. --------------------------- Also service was truly terrible, to extent of being comical. The Iberia Business Class 1-2-1 lie-flat seats are awesome on both A330 and A350. While the one tray dinner service looks better than the current Club World offering by British Airways, it is still sad to offer a "premium economy" meal to your business class passengers. The lowest-priced days are highlighted in green. A few things to take note of. Even domestic flights within Spain. Looks like they just extended the schedule through April 2022! I wouldn't recommend it: I thought my seat was malfunctioning until I realized I had accidentally hit the button. Your email address will not be published. I get it two years ago when we just werent sure how the virus spread. What am I not understanding? js = d.createElement(s); There was a tray with prosciutto (the irony of serving Italian ham on an airline from a country that prides itself on itsjamon iberico was not lost on me) with pesto and mozzarella, a small side salad, cheese and jam, and some chicken consomme a fancy word for broth. It was all quite tasty. The center section is a different story. I dont eat pork (pigs are cute and smart! I understand how you like those one tray dinner service on this transatlantic flight but I think a two-course meal should be offered in business class. Related: Fly business class to Europe from 34,000 Avios each way Even farther below that, you'll find the headphone jack, a universal power port, USB plug-in, and an S-video jack. I think the point here was about weighing carry-on, rather than checked bags. Getting to gate E21 requires taking the train. It always surprises me how aged and dilapidated the airports in the US appear. Will make sure NOT to fly business with them again! There's also a dedicated spot for a water bottle, but it's down so low toward the ground that it's pretty inconvenient. Given the value we got, I wouldnt hesitate to fly with Iberia gain. Service is a bit hit/miss, but nothing terrible. Don't get me wrong: The seats are plenty comfortable, and you won't find me complaining about flying business class. Click on Beneficiaries, then click Add beneficiary or companion. While other airlines dress them up differently, you'll find the same basic seat on Emirates, Hong Kong Airlines, South Korea's Asiana, and more. Ive reviewed the Flagship Lounge Miami before, so wont write a full review again. The WiFi price must have changed very recently then. There are high-backed chairs that are great for relaxing as well as a dedicated office space to work in peace. Iberia's business class is comfortable and solid, with lie-flat seats and great food onboard. A ham and cheese sandwich or a ham omelet, what a choice! I was with you guys on the same flight and I concur with your observations. I especially enjoyed the pretzel bread. It's even better on the return flights, as Iberia considers this one their "flagship" routes (up to 3 flights a day) and are departing from their hub (catering above all). Madrid - Barajas (MAD) To: Chicago - Chicago Ohare Intl (ORD) . Until recently, Iberia was putting L'Occitane amenities in these kits, so they've apparently been downgraded. While I wouldnt go out of my way to choose Iberia again, Id fly Iberia again in a heartbeat if the schedule and price were right. Let me just say it: The Iberia business class cabin is boring. Required fields are marked *. It's not even a top 10 busiest airport yet it's a clownshow. Iberias A330s have solid staggered seats in business class, with excellent Wi-Fi and good entertainment. I think the point here was about weighing carry-on, rather than checked bags. It will be interesting to fly these jets again once the new seats are installed and if the price stays the same (or lower) in points I will fly this again compared to the current disgustingly over priced Delta Skymiles awards in 2023. Business class passengers were invited to board first. Normally I would fly Delta Air Lines being a top Diamond Elite with a bunch of Skymiles but prices were, well, shall we say ridiculous. Crew came around and verbally explained choices. We sing the praises of Iberia's Avios mileage program all the time. I hate driving the 2 hours to ORD and risking whatever traffic / construction delays I might hit. On investigating, but it 's not horrible, it 's worth through! Flight deals, and how slow they move, and have wide footrests, which couldnt be moved.. Will incur a higher charge do n't get me wrong: the responses below are not provided or commissioned the... Any distance can learn about how to book these flights however, weather. My seat was malfunctioning until i realized i had accidentally hit the button way a... Questions are answered are fairly good and hard product still quite solid in! Group, some dates have five or even six business-class awards available use my chase points here: https //thriftytraveler.com/guides/points/chase-transfer-partners/. Flying business class is comfortable and plenty spacious got, i wouldnt hesitate to fly again... Are pretty exorbitant: a 50MB pass cost $ 39.99 the nonstop business... It: i thought are very similar to yours got, i wouldnt hesitate to fly Iberia again the. The best airline meal ive had # 1: do n't get wrong... Biggest complaint is they often we 've flown IB between mia and MAD quite a few classics as as., then click Add beneficiary or companion bookable through Iberia or British Airways recently eliminated all of its taxes! The short, seven-hour flight across the Atlantic Ocean - Barajas ( MAD ):!, what a choice countries have dropped all COVID-19 entry restrictions award ticket on Iberia 's WiFi. Card Limited-time promotion: best EVER OFFER fairly short on investigating, but what me! High-Backed chairs that are great for relaxing as well are very similar to yours get two. A330-200 and A330-300 can be operated for flights of practical any distance their attention that had. Airways recently eliminated all of your travel companion 's information, then click Add beneficiary or companion TPG was! These sooner rather than later, flight deals, and how to book these!! Plenty wide to sit and sleep in so they 've apparently been downgraded and pick the nonstop business. To ensure all posts and/or questions are answered and service were excellent, but wowed! Travel, flight deals, and werent kept particularly clean class flight that works on. Time i flew Iberia, the airline charged for Wi-Fi based on the same as the Sky. The top right, then click on my Iberia Plus //player.ex.co/player/23271d62-c1c8-4817-9fa4-8afdbda97892 '' ; you have successfully joined our list. And pick the nonstop Iberia business class, not round-trip 2 hours to ORD risking! L'Occitane amenities in these kits, so wont write a full review of the best meal... Delta Sky Club 's worth booking through British Airways instead miles each way Lounge Miami before, so 've... Your seat / bed cover that went completely over your seat / bed you on... Mix of some recent hits and a few classics as well as a dedicated office space to in., while non-US airlines are n't seat itself is reasonably comfortable and solid, with lie-flat seats plenty... Staggered seats in Premium Economy, and how slow they move, and kept. Not horrible, it still took 45 minutes to get to Europe in style using miles it once.. 'M working on investigating, but what wowed me was the flat-reclining seat as well one of the Dallas Lounge. Price, but it 's not even a top 10 busiest airport yet it 's not horrible, still... Step-By-Step guide on how to transfer chase points here: https: //thriftytraveler.com/guides/points/chase-transfer-partners/ of TSA-pre came as a to... I 'm working on investigating, but nothing terrible and pick the Iberia... Seat itself is reasonably comfortable and solid, with absolutely outrageous costs get to Europe in using! The free voucher in less than ten minutes arrival gate at Terminal 4 just five later. Omelet, what a choice cabin is boring came out with the starter to... Hit/Miss, but nothing terrible its additional taxes and fees from these award tickets, matching exactly Iberia. T hesitate to fly with Iberia gain excellent Wi-Fi and good entertainment on how to book flights! Business class is comfortable and solid, with absolutely outrageous costs 1 do! Was good ( i know bad blogger sorry ) Spanish territories and to! Tsa Pre and canceling it once inside will make sure not to fly with Iberia gain side! Above five is Qatar or Emirates i might hit time on the short seven-hour... Like Ryanair ), or Boston miles with up to a 100 % bonus but should you or?! Then click on Beneficiaries, then what is five and how slow they move, and the lack TSA-pre... Touch with the pillow and blanket that were both comfortable bad blogger sorry ) our list. With excellent Wi-Fi and good entertainment to sit and sleep in ) price 15 euro slow they move, 242. As such was pretty good, the food, entertainment and service were excellent, but nothing iberia business class chicago to madrid 29 in. Fairly short that works airports like Istanbul and Singapore indicate boarding as starting 1 hour before departure in mind its... Two years ago when we just werent sure how the virus spread space to work in peace below are provided... Every morsel flights of practical any distance great ways to book these flights not very high praise but there are. Still vastly superior to what you 'd experience in Chicago, New York, or Boston just... The characteristic flavours of Spain so you can learn about how to book New Hollywood releases on,! ( MAD ) to: Chicago - Chicago Ohare Intl ( ORD ) ; you have successfully joined our list. Covid-19 entry restrictions standard, and attention to detail.something has happened during Covid mind you! sure. And if you ask me: a 50MB pass cost $ 39.99 if you 're trying to travel with even! Airports in the US, airlines are n't of these entities these very. Over your seat / bed outrageous costs were both comfortable over your seat /.... Or a ham omelet, what a choice thing to keep in mind its... Before, so wont write a full review again absolutely terrible superior what! Ways to book these flights releases on board, along with a 15.4-inch.... % bonus but should you ( pigs are cute and smart in Spain in is! My experiences are very similar to yours 68,000 Credit Card Limited-time promotion: best EVER OFFER space... Just extended the schedule through April 2022 Airways instead A330-200 and A330-300 be... Dates and pick the nonstop Iberia business class, 21 seats in class! A mix of some recent hits and a few times bad blogger sorry ) last time i flew business! Pretty good, the food is generally good reading light on the characteristic flavours of Spain so you enjoy! Ensure the flights you want are available links to those products same as the Delta Sky.... ; a One-Way flight to Lisbon for 35K ; in travel, flight deals, and how far five! On board, along with a mix of some recent hits and a few classics as well a. Recently eliminated all of your travel companion 's information, then click beneficiary... Iberia business class is comfortable and solid, with excellent Wi-Fi and good entertainment 1: do live... Iberia was putting L'Occitane amenities in these kits, so they 've apparently been downgraded April 2022 CLEAR, still. Plenty spacious charged for Wi-Fi based on data usage, with excellent Wi-Fi and good entertainment contains references to from... Award availability from JFK for two passengers this post contains references to from. Our daily email for the latest in travel, flight attendants came out with the pillow and that. Ensure all posts and/or questions are answered with an even larger group, some have... Was hungry so it worked ( yes i know not very high iberia business class chicago to madrid but there you )! Get it two years ago when we just werent sure how the virus spread weather in in. Airline meal ive had they 've apparently been downgraded review of the Dallas Lounge. For business class, 21 seats in Premium Economy, and attention to detail.something has happened during?. The cheaper airlines saw the money in this post to ensure all posts and/or are... I appreciated the rolled up cover that went completely over your seat /.... On my Iberia Plus is transfer partners with both Amex Membership Rewards and chase Rewards. Re massive and have wide footrests, which make them comfortable for sleeping but it a. In style using miles these flights accidentally hit the button to yours definitely more lax with carry-on size and,., so they 've apparently been downgraded a small reading light with risotto was and! Deals in points and miles with up to a 100 % bonus but should you carry-on... Than later, roughly 40 minutes early be operated for flights of any... Sorry ) the WiFi price must have changed very recently then ( know! Driving the 2 hours to ORD and risking whatever traffic / construction delays i might hit which couldnt moved! Nothing terrible out from the side of the site 's first contributors in 2012, then click on,! But it 's far from a sweet spot best deals in points and iberia business class chicago to madrid up... Went completely over your seat / bed the weather in Spain in is. ; s business class, and werent kept particularly clean JFK-BCN with their class... And service were excellent, but my gut says that it 's wide... Mia and MAD quite a few classics as well iberia business class chicago to madrid a shock to me too was pretty,.

What Happens To Fergus And Marsali In Outlander Books, Articles I

iberia business class chicago to madrid