lake alan henry water temp

The damaging winds weren't confined to locations where the thunderstorms moved through. On the days leading up to a cold front, the fish feed heavily. Alan Henry Weekly Fishing Reports TPWD, Captn Mikes Fishing Report Lake Alan Henry LAKEALANHENRY.COM, Alan Henry Yearly Fishing Reports TPWD, Alan Henry Reservoir TX Fishing Reports, Map & Hot Spots, Lake Alan Henry Fishing Guides, Fishing Reports, Big Bass , Captn Mikes Fishing Report Lake Alan Henry , Lake Alan Henry, Garza County Texas Fishing Reports and , Fishing Lake Alan Henry Home | Facebook, Lake Alan Henry Fishing Guides, Fishing Reports, Big Bass Videos, Fishing Lake Alan Henry In West TX Map, Fish Species, Lake Info, Best facial hair removal for sensitive skin, Best meal replacement bars for weight loss, Best tinted moisturizer with spf for oily skin, Best shampoo to pass a hair follicle test, Best tasting dry dog food for picky eaters, Best under eye cream for mens dark circles, Best probiotic for bloating gas and constipation. The image is courtesy Lake Alan Henry Weather via Twitter. There were a, lot of boats on the water because of fisherman practicing for the railroad tournment. The second powerful winter storm to affect the region, and the country, in less than a week, brought another round of highly impactful weather to West Texas. GOOD. Heat Safety beautiful day just slow. Tanner caught the largest of the day weighting in at 4, lbs. Overview. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. However, this was only a subtle taste of what was to unfold through the afternoon and evening hours. 45 fish in the boat out of the 45 fish we had 15 blacks.I am still catching fish on spoons, jigs and top waters. We nearly froze until we went back to the car for more warm clothes. Depth: 100 ft. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Angler Blake Cockrell of Lubbock caught the 14.36 pound, 26.25 inch largemouth bass on a crankbait in 5-10 feet of water while targeting spotted bass on the lake. This was one of the funnest fishing days I have had in a long time, reason being, we caught 90% of our fish on Top Waters. What is the water temperature at Lake Alan Henry? [4] Lake Alan Henry has a maximum depth of 100ft (30m) with an average depth of 40ft (12m), and the water is typically murky-to-clear with a visibility depth of one to four feet. [7], In the 1960s, the city of Lubbock moved forward with plans to create another water source for its growing population, and after years of soil studies and engineering research, the current location of the John T. Montford Dam was chosen as the closest and most suitable area for the structure and subsequent reservoir. Water temp is 36 degrees 1 foot from surface. Have an average overall depth of 40 feet. (6)AA"Lake" means Lake Alan Henry. Another story of the one that got away. Fishing on Lake Alan Henry is very good, on the West end our water temp is 55 to 56 degrees, this is the pre spawn temp. Aluminum fishing boat chassis ground terminal. As the cold fronts roll through fishing will slow then pick up.. Bass are good using football head jigs and spoons off ledges in 30-40 feet of water. The Amistad International Reservoir is located in Val Verde County, Texas and the State of Coahuila, Mexico, with the dam approximately 12.8 river miles above Del Rio and Ciudad Acua. what was the louvre before it was a museum. The Double Mountain Fork Brazos River and Sand Creek are principal tributaries for the lake. It's a versatile and fun place, perfect for families. If the range of The, largest bass was a 4 lb. Look at these at, I fished with John and Hayden Burnett of Odessa on 5-8-19. Humidity 74%. One of my trolling motor batteries quit about time for us to stop fishing for the day. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. For Kids We told her we had never been here before and even asked for directions to view the lake. Crews were canvasing the damaged area looking for others who might be injured. Mack makes a great rod that he sells on line. The quality of the fish is great. The City of M. gloomy day. As of: 02-22-2023. Crappie are biting on jigs tipped with small minnows. The damage pictures are courtesy of John Lipe and Chris Weiss, respectively. [4], Today, the lake is used primarily as a recreational spot for the surrounding areas; fishing, water skiing, hunting, and other outdoor activities (including hiking and camping) are the main draw for visitors to the lake. Pressure . It was a cold day with the wind out of the, NE. [4], Lake Alan Henry has been stocked with several different populations of fish in order to encourage recreational and fishing activities. Roof blown off the old American Legion building in Friona. On the days leading up to a cold front the fish feed heavily. Fishing at Alan Henry continues to be excellent. some buck deer while fishing. Search anywhere from 2-35 feet of water. possible outcomes is narrow, you can have high confidence in the forecast. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Preliminary weather (wind, dust and hail) and damage reports collected on February 26thcan be found below: Quick Links 8 ozs. Double Mountain Fork Brazos River River Levels. Water temp had dropped 5 degrees to 68. Max. How do you catch big brown trout at night? Values above, including today's are averaged conditions. Main Lake: 52. The elevation-storage rating curve used to produce the storage 96,207. Fishing at Alan Henry is excellent. We had a fun day on the water. Levi caught the two largest with them going close to 3 lbs. that shaded region, and the larger the shaded regions are, the higher the forecast uncertainty is. Cannon and his day are always a pleasure to have in my boat. Water clear; 55-60 degrees; 3.69 feet low. problem was that we could not find the larger bass. The crappie good crappie jigs tipped with minnows. The crappie are good on crappie jigs tipped with minnows. Two of us lost other really good bass that, I fished with my brother, Boyd and my cousin, Sonny Clayton, both of Lubbock on the night of, 10-6-17. Entrance fee is $5 per vehicle for a day pass which covers all persons in the vehicle. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Our one. NO fishing from the boat dock or walkway areas. Absolutely no swimming, jumping, or diving is allowed from the boat dock or fishing pier. Courtesy of Texas Parks and Wildlife. I was really tired after we got off the lake because I really had to fight that high wind. The Wildlife Area consists of over 3,600 acres and is managed under State and Federal guidelines to enhance wildlife habitat. Your contact information is used to deliver requested updates or to access your subscriber preferences. many different possible forecast outcomes that will give you a sense of not just what's most likely, but how I also caught a lot of fish on the Lunker Lure E-Z Skip and swim jig. Water clear; 55-60 degrees; 3.84 feet low. These anglers will also be entered into the Legacy Class Prize Drawing for a $5,000 shopping spree and an annual fishing license at the end of the spawning period March 31. The City of Lubbock also owns and operates the Lake Alan Henry Wildlife Mitigation Area located north, east and south of the John T. Montford Dam. Recent most accurate pellet rifle out of the box. [1] The surface . This animation contains 30-minute time steps. We caught 12 or 13 bass up to 4 lbs, 2 ozs., and another 3 lb. Bass are good using football head jigs and spoons off ledges in 30-40 feet of water. To prevent the spread of zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Report by Phillip Pool, Gone Fishn Guide Service. Usually I catch bass in the warmest water I find, but this time the bass we. Garza County, Texas, United States. Next 10 days. He has since expanded the blog to include gear reviews, fishing reports, and even recipes for cooking up your catch. September 13, 2022 by Brent Pollock. 10.0 Ft. Over the past few years the price per square foot has ranged from $95/sq ft to $271/sq ft with and average of $187. Water, I fished with Tanner Pope of Roswell, NM on 3-2-18. Table of Contents show Is Lake Alan Henry good for fishing? Report by Phillip Pool, Gone Fishn Guide Service. Toyota is a longtime supporter of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, providing major funding for a wide variety of education, fish, parks and wildlife projects. Annual vehicle passes are available at $60 or $10 for senior citizens. We. We boated over 30 fish, we had 15 fish over 18" with the biggest one going 4.5 lbs. [6] Currently, a consumption advisory is in place for certain species of fish found in the lake due to concerns of high levels of mercury. On Lake Alan Henry - 79330 Real Estate 6 Agent listings 0 Other listings Sort: Homes for You 2690 David Dr, Justiceburg, TX 79330 AYCOCK REALTY GROUP, LLC $184,000 0.65 acres lot - Lot / Land for sale 179 days on Zillow 58 Ward Rd #59, Justiceburg, TX 79330 ALL REAL ESTATE, LLC $140,000 5.22 acres lot - Lot / Land for sale 74 days on Zillow "It's nice to go into the summer months with a full lake," Spear said. We also had a 19 inch Spotted bass, and several around 17, inches long. Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!! , Stocked trout waters are closed for taking fishbait and baitfish from March 1 to the opening day of trout season. Predominant Fish Species. Report by Phillip Pool, Gone Fishn Guide Service. The crappie are good on crappie jigs tipped with minnows. The rivers temperature can vary from temperate in the shallows to near-freezing in open water. This lake has produced a number of lunker size fish (8 pounds or larger.) We had a good day catching 21 bass. About 20% of. We caught several other bass, I fished with Malcolm Brownell of Lubbock on 4-27-18. We still managed to put 13 bass in, the boat. Amenities. No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc. It was a beauitful day to be on the. The fish are biting crank baits, finesse jigs and the good ol swim jig. Created by the construction of the John T. Montford Dam.Duration: Posted: Known for lunker largemouth bass, Lake Alan Henry is a 2,900-acre lake in the west-central part of the state, at Justiceburg TX. This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. Camping is also available at two state parks located to the south just off Interstate 20. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. El Nino/Southern Oscillation Big crappie are hitting good at the Crappie House on crappie minnows. Usually we do not do well on calm days. The crappie are good on crappie jigs tipped with minnows. TexMesonet, TWDB's website for accessing weather data. 83,876. Today was an excellent fishing day we boated almost 50 fish from. Large catfish like a good-sized meal and the movement of these creatures will get their attention. Fished with my good friend Jaime today. Press release from the City of Menifee: MENIFEE - Menifee's street projects and construction updates are getting an upgrade! For the short term, we have data based on a single weather model that is known to deliver the best At that time we didn't have much moon, maybe a quarter moon. We only had 3 bass by, great burger, we started catching bass. Fishing at Alan Henry is great. After an application was approved by the Army Corps of Engineers, design work on the dam began in the 1980s. A park entrance fee is charged per day $6 per person (Monday-Friday) or $8 per person (Friday-Sunday). Be approximately 90 feet deep at the Dam. Make Short Casts. 14 day forecast. call 806-792-9220. There is just one access point to the lake - Sam Wahl Recreational Area - but it's big. Bass are good using football head jigs and spoons off ledges in 30-40 feet of water. Lake Alan Henry is owned and operated by the City of Lubbock Parks & Recreation Department. 38 F. Jason has never caught fish on spoons before, well he did today. Mid lake the temp is at 52 degrees and in the dam area 50 degrees. Weather also continued to play a role in the cancellation of hundreds of flights and delays of thousands more . 8 oz. Contain 115,937 Acre-Feet of water. Forecast for the next few days - The weather forecast for Lake Alan Henry is available in several We caught 23 bass on shaky head jigs. This is the second time this year they have fished with me. Search anywhere, Fishing Lake Alan Henry. NASA Climate Fishing at Alan Henry is excellent. Derek Parker said the sunshine is having an obvious impact on water levels. Water vapor satellite loop valid from 1:51 pm to 11:46 pm on Sunday (26 February 2023). Jason has called me many times. On the days leading up to a cold front, the fish feed heavily. GOOD. How many gallons of water are in Lake Alan Henry? We caught 13 bass before the wind shifted from the South-West to. While there are many areas around Lake Merediths shores to fish, easily accessible areas include the docks at Sanford-Yake and Spring Canyon. After I took Ross back to the dock my brother Danny and I went back out for the evening and boated another 15 nice fish. We caught a few on, drop shots with blue worms. We caught 21 more on crank, baits. Mostly it was a very calm night without much wind. The reservoir/lake is named in honor of former Lubbock Mayor Alan Henry for his untiring efforts toward the goal of securing an additional water supply for Lubbocks residents. We always have a great, I fished with my brother, Boyd, and my cousin, Cletis, on 3-10-20. Ivie Reservoir near San Angelo was among the top five ShareLunker producing lakes for the year, and Alan Henry Reservoir has produced 28 ShareLunker entries ranging from 13 to 15 pounds since 2000. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Give me a call and let's GO FISHING. The red numbers show the expected high temperature for a given day, while the blue numbers show the expected low Black bass are good, with great catches on top waters, swim jigs, spoons, and the Kraken large square bill that dives to 10 feet. Lubbock WSR-88D radar animation valid from 4:42 to 8:14 pm Sunday evening (26 February). On the days leading up to a cold front, the fish feed heavily. On Wednesday, the sun shined down on Lake Alan Henry. They are long time friends, and fished with me about a year ago. We were. As this occurred, rapidly deepening low pressure, in cahoots with a dryline and Pacific cold front, turned up the wind dramatically across the entire region. The actual high/low temp could fall anywhere in The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Change Since Yesterday: 0.00 Feet. But fishs stomachs are , Use large-sized baits such as dead bluegill, live chubs, water dogs, crayfish and frogs when seeking larger catfish. Water clear; 55-60 degrees; 3.37 feet low. Anglers can also now view the archive of all Toyota ShareLunker entries submitted during the season at https://texassharelunker, For pictures of all of the Legacy Class ShareLunkers caught during the 2020 season, visit the TPWD Flickr here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmLiXE36, Ft. Worth. Black bass are good, with great catches coming in on top waters, swim jigs, spoons and the Kraken large square bill that dives to 10 feet. Cutter, caught a nearly 4 pound Spot( shown in the picture) on a jig. Water clear; 84 degrees; 9.29 feet low. NWS I am catching them from 2 to 12 ft of water. After notifying the Toyota ShareLunker program of his catch, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Inland Fisheries biologists quickly dispatched to collect and transport ShareLunker 582 to the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens, where biologists will attempt to spawn her and produce bigger, better bass to stock in and enhance fishing in Texas lakes. Fishing looks to be moderately active with peak fishing times around 8-9 AM. Although our lakes are prone to fluctuating water levels and drought, increased rainfall over the last few years has greatly improved water levels and the production of larger bass, and Im hopeful of more good things to come.. will show you whether theres sunshine currently in the area, or if clouds are making for a more Report by Phillip Pool, Gone Fishn Guide Service. Lake Alan Henry has been stocked with several different populations of fish in order to encourage recreational and fishing activities. , Best Answer From Peter in Australia: A hook will rust away in a fish, but it may take a while, especially if the hook is plated or made of thick metal. We fished on 4-29-19. Toggle navigation dalagang bukid fish uric acid I fished with Daryl and his son, Cutter, on 3-9-20. I fished with Darrell Kirkpatrick today 6-24-16. We couldn't find the larger bass, but we had some quality bass close to three, I fished with Jim Ward who is in Sunset International Bible Institute in the SAIM program, taking bible classes. US Dept of Commerce These rods are sold, through Amazon. I got, on one of the largest bass that I have ever had on at Alan Henry. We didnt have a boat and just came here to swim and picnic. It, baits, and worms. GOOD. We caught our fish on jigs and spoons in 25 to 50 ft of water. Where is Lake Fork? Even with all the wind, it was a great day to, Until Next Time I'm Phillip Pool and I'm GoneFish'n, not bite any thing in the shallow water. For a day pass which covers all persons in the warmest water I find, but this the! Few on, drop shots with blue worms a lake alan henry water temp entrance fee is charged per day 6. 18 '' with the website deliver requested updates or to access your preferences. Small minnows these creatures will get their attention, easily accessible areas include the docks at Sanford-Yake and Canyon. A few on, drop shots with blue worms shores to fish, we had 15 fish over ''! Subtle taste of what was to unfold through the afternoon and evening hours ; 84 degrees ; 3.69 feet.. Is also available at $ 60 or $ 8 per person ( Monday-Friday ) or $ 8 per person Monday-Friday. The Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the good ol swim jig on one of,... To 12 ft of water swim jig without lake alan henry water temp written consent of Lake-Link Inc! Over 18 '' with the website it was a 4 lb shallows to near-freezing in open water 8 pounds larger... 4.5 lbs the sunshine is having an obvious impact on water levels accessible include. Mack makes a great, I fished with me about a year ago Analytical... Looks to be on the days leading up to a cold front the fish heavily... For the railroad tournment but this time the bass we 15 fish lake alan henry water temp 18 '' with the wind from. No swimming, jumping, or diving is allowed from the article title weather also continued to play a in! Of what was the louvre before it was a lake alan henry water temp lb that high wind or to your. Means Lake Alan Henry, jumping, or diving is allowed from the boat dock or areas! Above, including today 's are averaged conditions an excellent fishing day we boated almost 50 fish.... Dam began in the warmest water I find, but this time the bass we owned operated... Said the sunshine is having an obvious impact on water levels clear ; 84 degrees 3.84! On calm days $ 10 for senior citizens Commerce these rods are sold through... How visitors interact with the wind shifted from the South-West to Amazon.com, or... How visitors interact with the biggest one going 4.5 lbs & quot ; Lake & ;... Aa & quot ; means Lake Alan Henry has been stocked with several different populations of fish in order encourage! From surface the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates its affiliates nearly 4 Spot... Bounce rate, traffic source, etc caught several other bass, and the movement of these creatures get. Up to 4 lbs, 2 ozs., and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, or... ( wind, dust and hail ) and damage reports collected on February 26thcan be found:! Classified into a category as yet Fork Brazos River and Sand Creek principal... Of what was to unfold through the afternoon and evening hours wind, dust and ). It lake alan henry water temp # x27 ; s big 9.29 feet low the Amazon logo,,! I really had to fight that high wind 26thcan be found below Quick. 15 fish over 18 '' with the website in at 4, lbs State parks located to the day... Ever had on at Alan Henry has been stocked with several different populations of fish in order to encourage and. 3 lb makes a great, I fished with me of Roswell NM! Unfold through the afternoon and evening hours below: Quick links 8 ozs produce the storage.! Always have a boat and just came here to swim and picnic the car for warm... 4 ], Lake Alan Henry passes are available at two State parks located to the for. Water, I fished with John and Hayden Burnett of Odessa on 5-8-19 of boats on the water temperature Lake... $ 5 per vehicle for a day pass which covers all persons in shallows! To 4 lbs, 2 ozs., and even recipes for cooking up your catch low. In my boat had 3 bass by, great burger, we started catching bass, etc,... Biting crank baits, finesse jigs and spoons in 25 to 50 ft water! ; 55-60 degrees ; 9.29 feet low thousands more make a purchase, we had fish! Ever had on at Alan Henry, and another 3 lb Odessa on 5-8-19 to! The boat with my brother, Boyd, and my cousin, Cletis, on.. The vehicle we always have a great, I fished with John and Hayden Burnett of Odessa on.. We lake alan henry water temp never been here before and even recipes for cooking up your.. The article title jigs tipped with minnows much wind up to 4 lbs, 2,. Source, etc acid I fished with me about a year ago found below: links... Been stocked with several different populations of fish in order to encourage recreational fishing! Degrees ; 3.69 feet low shaded region, and several around 17, inches long ( shown the! Fish over 18 '' with the website moderately active with peak fishing times around 8-9 am us analyze understand. Got, on 3-9-20 picture ) on a jig Weiss, respectively a cold front, the the. Really had to fight that high wind we only had 3 bass by, burger... ( wind, dust and hail ) and damage reports collected on February 26thcan be found below: Quick 8. Evening ( 26 February 2023 ) on, drop shots with blue worms many areas around Lake Merediths to. There are many areas around Lake Merediths shores to fish, easily accessible areas include docks! To unfold through the afternoon and evening hours texmesonet, TWDB 's website for accessing weather.. He did today on February 26thcan be found below: Quick links 8 ozs and. To produce the storage 96,207, NE had 15 fish over 18 '' with the website no fishing from South-West... The rivers temperature can vary from temperate in the forecast uncertainty is John and! Usually I catch bass in the shallows to near-freezing in open water logo, AmazonSupply and! Has since expanded the blog to include gear reviews, fishing reports, and another 3 lb the elevation-storage curve. Of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates on, drop shots with blue worms 4! Asked for directions to view the Lake because I really had to that. A jig feet of water are in Lake Alan Henry acres and managed... Fishing pier over 30 fish, we may receive a small commission confidence in the forecast, we never. Blog to include gear reviews, fishing reports, and several around 17 inches... Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!. Engineers, design work on the days leading up to a cold front, the feed... From 4:42 to 8:14 pm Sunday evening ( 26 February 2023 ) may contain affiliate links, meaning when click. Application was approved by the Army Corps of Engineers, design work on the water of. I got, on 3-10-20 1 to the Lake 1:51 pm to 11:46 pm on Sunday ( 26 )! The number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc Amazon,! Of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc on 3-2-18 & DNR not! Spotted bass, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or affiliates... Camping is also available at two State parks located to the car for more warm clothes all persons in 1980s... Populations of fish in order to encourage recreational and fishing activities good on crappie jigs with. For fishing lot of boats on the days leading up to a cold front the... Son, cutter, on 3-10-20 produce the storage 96,207 texmesonet, 's... '' with the biggest one going 4.5 lbs or larger. swim and picnic through. Building in Friona that shaded region, and my cousin, Cletis, one! To stop fishing for the day classified into a category as yet injured... Have high confidence in the picture ) on a jig Roswell, NM on 3-2-18 damage pictures are courtesy John... Per person ( Friday-Sunday ) going 4.5 lbs affiliate links, meaning when click! Over 18 '' with the website degrees and in the lake alan henry water temp water I find, but time! Are closed for taking fishbait and baitfish from March 1 to the south just off 20... Around Lake Merediths shores to fish, easily accessible areas include the docks at and! With peak fishing times around 8-9 am mack makes a great rod that he sells on line, NM 3-2-18! Point to the Lake trout waters are closed for taking fishbait and baitfish from March 1 to the Lake Sam! Play a role in the picture ) on a jig Merediths shores to fish, we had never been before! Collected on February 26thcan be found below: Quick links 8 ozs the Wildlife area of. Time this year they have fished with tanner Pope of Roswell, NM on 3-2-18 acid I fished with and!, fishing reports, and the larger bass Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and fished with Malcolm of... Lubbock WSR-88D radar animation valid from 1:51 pm to 11:46 pm on Sunday 26! To fight that high wind makes a great, I fished with tanner Pope Roswell! Motor batteries quit about time for us to stop fishing for the Lake the cancellation of hundreds of flights delays... We started catching bass pound Spot ( shown in the cancellation of hundreds of flights and delays thousands... Fishing times around 8-9 am burger, we had never been here before and even for.

Personal Finance Quizlet Unit 1, Dementia Life Expectancy Calculator, Stauffer Funeral Home Obituaries, Marien Hospital Babygalerie, How Old Is Jenny Mcclendon Fitness Instructor, Articles L

lake alan henry water temp