stanley 358 miter box for sale

Robert,Great information, thanks. In addition to it saying Stanley Mitre Box No. http://lumberjocks.com/planepassion/blog/25362, http://www.wkfinetools.com/trestore/saw/sawblade-bobstu/restsawblade-1.asp, http://tooltrip.com/tooltrip9/stanley/stan-mbox/mboxman.pdf, frame board the sacrificial piece that goes under whatever youre cutting, cross bar provides support for the two guide posts. Mitre Box Instruction Manual.pdf 2 MB Download The top part recess capture the saw's back spline, used the same instruction sheet/parts list, Typical attachment on top of posts for crossbar. It is quite a bit rusted and he has looked up video about cleaning it. $225.00 + $28.24 shipping. 358 No. Share to Pinterest. 358 Mitre Box- mjdtoolparts, Antique Stanley Mitre Box Swivel For No. Wow! We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. Since others have noted: weather today in mid 80's(PHX) > a lot different than old Long Island. I used block planes and my Swedish rasps with it. 2244 POKOSOV POKOSOV SKKA DEVOOBRBC NSTROJE, Vintage Stanley . The one i see most are Disstons. Required fields are marked *. Maybe something else there too, Im not at home so I dont have it in front of me right now. The miter box only needs a tie bar connecting the tops of the saw guides. 358 Sweetheart Mitre Box w/ Backsaw Antique, 1 Pair of Stanley Miter Box Uprights For No. For the small parts I soaked them in evaporust and polished some with abrasive pads. . . This is what a complete example looks like. Click to enlarge. 60 MITER MITRE BOX WOODWORKING TOOLING, Vintage Stanley No.244 Miter Box No. Thanks RalphIm nursing a cold so got nothing but time on my hands :-)Now that the holidays are over, go away snow.Bob, dreaming of a whitebeach, Bob,As usual a good tutorial. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. 2023 The Taunton Press, Inc. All rights reserved. except the 358 is a bit newer. The best antique Stanley miter box and original matching backsaw. Thanks so much. Stanley No.358 miter box and saw in good used condition. For those who dont want to read about the process of restoring, replacing, and rebuilding parts, heres the before and after: Like every used tool Ive purchased in Oregon it had a good patina or what some call rust. That one comes with various TPI and types of tooth (IDEKA or Western) blades. Complete Length Stop Assembly for Stanley No. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. Sale Price $52.20 358 Miter Box with original Disston Saw Antique - $135 (Fayetteville). Save stanley 358 miter box to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. For sale I have a Stanley/ Disston miter box/saw combination. The saw is in excellent condition. 39-124 Miter Box Saw 30 x 6 Inches - 104747 $ 150.00 GREAT STATES 26 Inch Rip Hand Saw Mint in Box - 104588 $ 150.00 AMAZING 46 inch DISSTON D-100 Hand Saw Sign with Cast Iron Handle - EXCELSIOR 66682 $ 1,695.00 Giant 4 Foot RICHARDSON BROTHERS NEWARK N.J. Advertising Display Saw - Excelsior 66934 $ 1,395.00 Hi,Bob. The length stop is used to make repeated length cuts. Also, a large inventory of parts, including some of the harder to find parts, such as stock rests, and cut stop components. 2 Frame Henry Disston Stanley Mitre Box Saw, Stanley 2360 Metal Miter Box clamps 1939-1974 Cobalt Blue, Vintage STANLEY Cast Iron Miter Box No. 60. all moving parts on the box are in good working order. That was a superb restore Brendan. I especially like that you meticulously cataloged the missing parts and showed your process for making them. 358, frame #3. For all the pieces I used a hacksaw and then cleaned up them up with a file. Thanks! atlanta. Start your subscription today and save up to 70%. Collectors frown upon drastic restorations because it often obliterate small details of construction such as linished versus machined surface, removing small casting imperfections, original paint surface and etc.Lastly, i would tuned up that saw for the box, so it cut and track truefor that boxBob, Hi ScottYou are correct, the No 2, 3, 4 refer to the frame no of the box, because they all have different capacities. I've been busy moving and getting settled in Hicksville, Ohio, where I now serve as a full time Lutheran pastor. Original Price $37.00 Mine came with some springs at the ends of saw guides. CL. Pouit. French Colonial Unit Badge From Indochina War For Moroccan Tabors, 1998 HALLMARK Keepsake "Santa's Merry Workshop" Music, Movement Ornament. With those springs I cannot cut to full depth. Thanks for a great detailed post with lots of good info. Im so excited for this series of posts (and I would LOVE to see videos)! I wonder if you may have a picture and dimensions so that I can try to make one myself. I have a #2 lined up for my #3 box?thanks scott. Call 402-432-8three83 vintage Stanley model 358 miter box, saw vice, saw tooth setStanley Model 358 miter has been sitting for years and is covered in dust. The miter bos is a Stanley No. Very high. I have a Stanely Model 360A that I have restored and have the 34 Disston (30 blade) out for sharpening now. I don't have the heart to get rid of it. To attach the rod to the bars I used some JB Weld epoxy. This badly chewed up original board (stained) badly need replacement, The flat part in question, look like flat wings, Note this model never used the most often MIA trip lever on the saw. Being offered for sale AS-FOUND, uncleaned. Call 315-637-Seventeen Fortynine. 358 Miter Box And Miter Saw, Disston Saw Manufactured For Stanley Miter Box, Antique Stanley No.358 No. See each listing for international shipping options and costs. THE SAW IS IN GREAT CONDITION. Are these MB good for fitting mouldings on fine cabinetry, or were they intended for framing and house trim work? 2 Mitre Boxes, Vintage Stanley Mitre Saw Box No. I used a process similar to http://www.wkfinetools.com/trestore/saw/sawblade-bobstu/restsawblade-1.asp for removing the rust on the blade. 150. Yes! Lot Of Vintage Buttons & Belt Buckles Nice Assortment Deco Some On Cards, Vintage Lufkin Metalic Woven 50 Feet Tape Replacement In Original Box, VINTAGE BLACKSMITH TONGS METAL WORKING FORGE TOOLING Hand Forged, United States Army Run For Your Life 500 Mile Club Vintage Patch USA Mil, Lot Of 3 Original WW2 Aircraft Coca Cola Cardboard Posters Prints 13x15. It was finished with two coats of boiled linseed oil. Vintage Stanley Back Saw, Wood Saw. I am not a collector, so my assortment of old tools is really limited > > those saws, a couple hand planes, straight slot screw drivers, a couple hammers (normal and ball peen, a Millers-Falls coping saw and some chisels. 358 Mitre Box Missing Trees But Great Condition Moves Smooth Pre-Owned C $94.74 ktinsley5150 (617) 99.3% Was: C $108.90 13% off or Best Offer from United States Sponsored Antique Stanley No. All the patent dates are from 1904 and the saw is complete with the saw mounted release and 30x6 H. Disston made blade. The modal window is a 'site map' of the most critical areas of the site. The most valuable antique Stanley miter box and original matching backsaw. How would you describe the feel of using the tool? Stanley 2360 Metal Miter Box clamps 1939-1974 Cobalt Blue, VINTAGE LITINOV POKOSOV KRABIKA s pilou - neznm znaka, Stanley? Frame type No 3, backsaw 26 inch X 4 inch. $150.00 + $55.00 shipping. Share Qty Sold Gallery Description Millers Falls Langdon Acme Mitre Box series 70's and 2). For a finish, I did two coats of boiled linseed oil(BLO) and french polished with amber shellac. 244 Frame No. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. Excellent condition. And don't worry about it cutting 60. The Stanley assembly instructions show the stop mounted vertically on two rods, one above the other - but I don't see where or how the top rod fastens to the miter box, unless it's with the same clamps that hold the stock guides. induction hardened miter saw. Your typical western miter saw came with a long backsaw (24-30 in) sharpens at 11 TPI crosscut. The miter box only needs a couple of screws changed and a tie bar connecting the tops of the saw guides. How they attach in the back on this No 244. Vintage Antique Stanley Adjustable Miter Saw Box With Saw NO. for sale. I dont see the springs in your pics!!!! For the last 20 some years, I have been making out with this vintage Stanley No 150 mitre box. Vintage zadn pila Stanley, pila na devo. I am not sure if all the parts are complete. The set comes with a 14-inch, reinforced, carbon-steel backsaw with an . The miter box only needs a couple of screws to be replaced. If you have a disc sander or lathe that would probably work better. My Disston, although in decent shape, has a good patina that I would like to take off. I used to use it all the time. Any thoughts? View cart for details. What you were refering to, should fit, i dont know for sure, but it would make sense. Note also the price of a 2358 in the early '50s -- $66.00! Henry Disston Stanley Box Saw , Miter Saw, Antique Stanley No. FAST SHIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 358 Miter Box with original Disston Saw Antique - $135 (Fayetteville). Click below to begin your paid subscription. Easy angle adjustment and slip resistent grip; . Not a thru cut, but a stopped cut. If there was something you did that did not effect the japaning it would be great if you would share. I have the Stanley Tool Book guide to identity and value. We are looking for a manual online to read up on how it is suppose to work. Excellent condition. I have a miter box with a 22 inch disston hacksaw that is 2 5/8 deep below the cast back. Totally up to you. $139.33 Add to wishlist Description Being offered for sale is the vintage STANLEY No. Vintage Stanley No.244 Miter Box No. 5 out of 5 stars (204) Sale Price $97.75 $ 97.75 $ 115.00 Original Price $115.00 . Of the brand stanley A countryregion of manufacture united states as well as an originalreproduction equivalent to antique original Lexerd1 offers for sale in Usa Easton eBay Price: 150 $ Product condition: Used See details Check out these interesting ads related to "stanley miter box" It is a good model.Bob, Hi Bob, I read with great interest your article on the stanley mitre box family. The Stanley 28" saw is actually 35" long. Antique Stanley Miter Box Heavy Duty Cast Iron Miter Box Tool, Made in USA, Without Saw, Big and Sturdy, . Stanley no. Any help would be appreciated "Necessity is the mother of invention" BlasterStumps Premium Member (BEZ PILY), Vintage Stanley Handyman Mitre Box Stanley Tools H 114 Orig Box Euc, Stanley No. 358 Miter Box w/ Disston Saw and Unique Case RARE. Vintage pokosov nstavec Stanley HII4A vyroben v USA, Vintage litinov pokosov krabika STANLEY . The Davistown Museum. The crossbar is relatively easy to replace for my version, its just a piece of 1/8 thick by 1/2 wide flat steel bar that is long enough to span the gap when the two guide posts are farthest apart. It is almost new condition including the original box. Stanley 358A Miter Box Sold See item details Similar items on Etsy ( Results include Ads ) Jewelers Saw - With Blades or Without - 3 inch Cutting Depth CreatingUnkamen $11.50 Eligible orders get 15% off FREE shipping Saw Frame - Adjustable German Style - 3" - 49-703 JewelrySuppliesNW $11.00 FREE shipping Stanley 358 or Miller Falls Mitre Box: Only one way to find out which is the better tool (AND ONLY FOR YOU!!!!) (NO SAW). Thanks for your comment Steve. DWV9000 universal Quick Multi-Function Connector Fits DeWalt Dust Extractorsvacuum hose, various DW tools & shrouds. 13TPI. Captcha failed to load. The miter box only needs a couple of screws changed and a tie bar connecting the tops of the saw guides. Great info ! I believe this saw and miter box have always been a pair. The majority of parts were still there except for some pretty common missing/worn parts: For more information on these pieces go to ToolTrip and click on Stanley Tools and then go to the mitre box section. Your email address will not be published. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. 240, 242, 244, 246, 346, 358, 460 Item Preview remove-circle Share or Embed This Item. To get the rod ends flat I chucked them up in my drill press and lightly pressed them into a file that was clamped to my drill press table and lubricated with some WD40. The issue with miter boxes is shipping and packing. 358 No. 3 Size Mitre Miter Box w/ Original Disston Handsaw. I assume that is for the box types but do you know if a #2 stop will work for a #3 box. 22 ??? STANLEY No. The miter box only needs a couple of screws to be replaced. Thanks for the great info, Thank you for this great history write up! vintage Stanley model 358 miter box, saw vice, saw tooth setStanley Model 358 miter has been sitting for years and is covered in dust. 4 inch vs 5 inch, 28 inch vs 30 inch saw. From what I can tell the critical parts of the uprights and frame appear to be present and in good working order. I was wondering how old the thing actually is. It sports a nice Stanley etching reminiscent of the "Made Expressly for" Disston saws of yesteryear. Or fastest delivery Wed . My Box is actually like the Miller falls he has box except it had a different stop system. Horne Of Africa Camp Lemmonier "Desert Chiefs" Navy CPO Challange Coin! Vintage Stanley Work master 19-035 miter box and saw. Pic from Ebay. 3 Size Mitre Miter Box w/ Original Disston Handsaw, Stanley No. A good primer coat (also rust proofing type Rustoleum for example) is also a good idea, and then you can use regular paint. Call 402-432-8three83 . Are those called dallson son saws ? It came with a Disston 16 in back saw. Just a reminder, I could be wrong butIt is in the mid 70's as I type. Share via email. thanks Jim. My phone changed it. I would imagine I have a circa 1936-1972 box, but is there anyway to tell if it's 1905-1919? Add to Wishlist. So when I saw this at a local used tool store, I snatched it up. Product Details. Well according to what i wrote on this blog post :-) No 360 was made from 1905 until 1972.Bob, in day 5. 3) flat spring for 1 "Saw Guide Catch" as one is broken. But the angles didn't work out. Vintage Henry Disston & Sons Philada ~Thumbhole D8 28" 5ppi Handsaw. Always glad to give credit where credit is due.I Apologize and thank you again.Bob, Just bought a 358! Shipping weight is about 35 lbs. Hi Enjoyed the article about restoring a Stanley Model 358 Mitre Box. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. This bar can be seen in the final picture. Or vise versa? Mine, incidentally, came at auction in a lot from a picture frame shop. I looked online but all I could find was for sale ads. There is enough of these boxes around, that it would not be a big loss in the collectors circles. Pressing the Escape (ESC) button will close the modal and bring you back to where you were on the page. Yeah, the weird thing is there are no patents on it, no tag no holes for attaching a tag even. A quick check at the more common angles and the cuts were dead on. In 1854, brothers August and Timothy Stanley and Thomas Conklin (an earlier . Still, I have two beefs with the saw. Metal Mitre Box by Excel Blades - Aluminium and Steel Construction - Made in the USA - 6 Inch Small Mitre Box - Metal Mitre Saw With 2 Cutting Angles - Ideal For Cutting Wood and Soft Metals 1,194 $1260 FREE delivery Sat, Feb 11 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon Small Business More Buying Choices $12.00 (9 new offers) Back Saw for sale ,Antique 10 Inch Pearson Brass Backed Tenon Saw Open Handle - Etsy,www.AntiqBuyer.com Antique Back and Dovetail Saws Past Sales,Vintage Disston Saw & Mitre Box,VTG STANLEY NO. The length stop rods are just 5/16 steel rods as seen above sticking out of the side. I assume this is cast iron? : a Stanley No 358 mitre box is designed for a 28 in X 5 in saw Most of that adjustments range is to compensated for the loss of depth after sharpening. Hence No 2 would be shorther than no 3,4.Therefore a no 2 fitted in a type 3 box frame would work, but wont give you the full range.Good news is, not terribly difficult to make new onesHow long? ?As for finding parts, good luck :-(Should not be to difficult to cut and shape a new one. Im not sure on the original dimension of these pieces so I just cut them to lengths that made sense for my mitre box. It will help a ton in working on mine. Did a search and did not find information on . I don't know how to japan something so I'll go with black paint. $33.30, $37.00 From what I can gather from looking at a few pictures of how the mitre box would have looked originally, the back face of the mitre box would have been painted with a silvery/aluminum paint. The saw is a Disston 28" x 5", filed 10 ppi. It comes with a saw and two pins to hold the work piece in place. Just happened to see it.What you described is simply due to the miter box having been reassembled backwards. Antique Stanley Miter Box Saw #358, early modle, complete w/ back saw. It had been sitting in the unopened box in the back store room of the hardware store (Sid's Hardware in Brooklyn) for years, they had just never sold it. You know it's at least newer than 1912 - a good start. Yes and no Ed.Yes, some can be darn accurate, better than most chop saws out there, but you still are left to deal with the saw cut fuzz. To make the slots for the stock guides I first sawed edges then chipped out the material in between. The raised ribs in the back are unfinished. )Bob, Hi Bob,First time here. Currently have approx 30 boxes, mostly complete, as well as a number of incomplete parts boxes. Thanks, Hello my name is EdIn 1980 I bought a cabinet shop on one wall there was a instruction for assembling and adjusting Stanley Miter boxes nos.244, 246, 346, 358, and 360. 358 Part #136, Orig. Dave, I still have the clean 2246, you seem like the type of person that would appreciate it. Refresh your browser window to try again. pohyby a zmky, ezy$, Vintage sada run pila Stanley pro pokosovou krabici 22" a 25", Staroitn kovov pokosov krabika Stanley, Stanley . Vintage Antique Stanley Adjustable Miter Saw With Saw NO. 3 Size Mitre Miter Box w/ Original Disston Handsaw. The "theory" being that in those early days, around 1900s or so, most mechanics (what we call woodworkers nowadays) were not schooled much and it was taught that degrees may be confusing, opting instead for the simple system described earlier, 6, 8, 10, 12 etc. It is a cast iron one by the way, not aluminum. I have two large 5" back saws and it works fine, it's just rather obsolete in today's market. The miterbox came with a 24" x 4" "Warranted Superior" saw. Thank you, credit corrected.Some of the pictures I used have been collected a while ago and I have no idea at times where it came from. I recently found a Model 2358 Mitre Box, without saw and missing the 3 of the 4 roller saw guides. STANLEY miter boxes and mitre boxes with 14 in. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Excellent condition. And what is it worth the saw is in great condition the blade is26 measuring the teeth. From what I've read online, the SW logo was used 1920-1935 (article was about handplanes, of course) and you have the 358 date as 1905-1972. Excellent condition. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. Only other writing is Patented 1-12-04 - 8-2-04 and 3-15-04 and 8-27-04. It's finished with the black japanning treatment. I really enjoyed reading your article on your Stanley Mitre box restoration. Great! Measured slots on the miter box allow you to make 90 degree , 45 degree and 22.5 degree cuts while a bridge on top of the bandsaw prevents it from digging into the cutting platform. This Stanley 20-600 Clamping Mitre Box has a 14-inch back saw and a built-in measuring scale. Pic from Smitty Aviston on Lumberjocks. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. I bought this on Amazon and thought it would be a great tool for beginner woodworkers and for my . Many many options to replace a proper Japanning job.Remember to tuned up the saw (correcting drift with a lite filing on the offending set teeth. 59 Instructions 2/6 . Share to Reddit. Owner's name stamp. https://thevalleywoodworker.blogspot.com/2016/02/all-about-mitre-box-part-2-saws.html./ The 2358 is the last improved series designed to compete with Millers Falls. To fix this I made a tiny washer out of a pop can using scissors and a hole punch. For the 358 I took a 48 long piece and split it into two. 115 pokosov krabika jedinen stdav vzor zrna, vintage staroitn litina pokosov krabika stanley 50 1/2 tesask pila sladk umn, Stanley Adjustable Mitre Box No. the saw spine is marked " Henry disston & Sons cast steel Philad". Reproduction Stanley stock guides in front. The picture doesnt show it, but most of the japanning had started to fall off as well. . Very helpful info, Bob. Instruction Manual for the 2246B, 2358B, and 360B Mitre Boxes; 2360 Mitre Box Instructions; 19-614 and 19-114 (H114A) Mitre Box Instruction Guide; What brands does STANLEY Tools own? There is a small round piece sticking out at the end, Older No 60-1/2, the stops are cast metal with a nib sticking out. 1904 Stanley Miter Box With Disston Saw, Antique HENRY DISSTON - PORTER 23" Miter Saw And MITER BOX, William Marples & Sons Ltd Shamrock Brand Tools For Woodwork 1940, Damascus Steel Products Dasco Tools & Cutlery No 6 1925, Blackhawk Mgf Co Hexo Box Type Wrenches 1935, Illustrated Catalog No. After all the paint was stripped I used a degreaser on all the parts. Any information to share about this? For a more detailed explanation of the process see the Saw Blog entry on cleaning up a saw plate. I have a 2246, complete (I think) except for the length stop - but in the photos I have seen online (including in this blog post), I can't see how it would work, as the entire stop is shown mounted horizontally, below the level of the board being cut. As in: been sharpened a "few" timesBob, I just finished to rehab a Stanley 246 that I found complete, lucky me. A simple round collar (red part) , such as used on the Nobex. Excellent condition. While I have been typing this he use oil and was able to get it to pivot. I have just finished refurbishing the blade and handle from my circa 1970s(I think, senior moment?? I trimmed with it for about 5 years before buying my first electric. That should read BACK saw. Antique Stanley No. Stanley 2358 and 358. Im lucky to be able to share my husbands tools in the garage and I agree that a miter saw is a valuable tool. I have three Stanley miter boxes ( 2246, 360 and 460) and would like to know if you have any data on when the degree markings on the 360 went from cast-in markings to become a printed aluminum plate riveted to the frame. It's a beauty, but I'm having trouble tuning it to cut square vertically, and calibrate the pivot so the angle is dead on. 2 tree should not be used on a no. 0 hidden. "I have learned so much thanks to the searchable articles on the FHB website. Should there be an "A" at the end of that number? For applying the shellac I used a technique outlined by Sauer & Steiner who make beautiful infill planes. and that's okay! Also included is a vintage saw tooth set seems to work as designed. As a minimum, i would cleaned it, remove and prevent further rust. $450.00 + shipping. Get complete site access to expert advice, how-to videos, Code Check, and more, plus the print magazine. Stanley mitre box No 358. If it is cast aluminum, then it is a 358A made from 1925 through 1941. I need to remove the degree indicator plate before de-rusting the base. Call 315-637-Seventeen Fortynine. Marilyn JacobsIndianapolis, IN. Put in a small amount of lubricant in there, I used a dry grease or wax. Used. At least four patent dates on it, the latest of which is 1912. post; account; 0 favorites. You inspired me to try installing a new vanity in my bathroom so thank you, however, I bought a miter saw last year that I am afraid to use. Can anyone advise me on what back saw fits this model, either original Stanley models or alternate brands? Good news is, as explain in this blog entry, all models from same family share same instruction sheet. Stanley 358 Miter Box Popular Woodworking 248K subscribers Subscribe 26K views 4 years ago Restoration craftsman Ron Herman uses the tools from 50 to 100 years ago. I thought about letting my electrolysis bath strip the japanning off but I wanted to keep the nameplate on the side in tact and it was attached with rivets that didnt want to come out easily. Mostly Stanleys, but also Goodell Pratt, Langdon, And Millers Falls. 358 Mitre Box - mjdtoolparts, Orig. for sale. Cuts miters on 45-degree and 90-degree, face angle 45-degree, and all new 22-1/2-degree angles (for octagonal shapes) popularly used on architectural details such as bay . Thank you for the detailed break down. 6 Results Sort STHT20359 14 in Pro Miter Saw STHT20361 11 in Miter Box with Saw 20-112 Mitre Box 19-800 Miter Box with Saw 14 in 20-800 Adjustable Metal Mitre Box 20-600 Hi TonyThe No 150 was manufactured between 1923 and 1969. In the end, I decided to leave the back as bare metal with some BLO on the rough parts to darken them up to give a little more contrast with the machined pieces. They did not came with a saw.Bob. 358, No. The box itself looks the same as the old cast iron stanley but without patents or tag. Free Local Classifieds in Cleveland, OH. Dont press to hard unless you want to see what gives first when you jam spinning metal into a file. )Stanley 116 miter saw. Both saws had the latch release on the back guide arm turned around, pointing toward the body of the miter so that the latch would not release when the saw back tilts against it turned the wrong direction the operator must manually release it. On this later No 346, they now used a simpler split cast part. Its an old Stanley No. 358 Mitre Box w/ Disston Saw Cast Iron Legs $24.99 0 bids $48.18 shipping 1d 12h Stanley Mitre Box Saw Depth Gauge For No. In looking at your forum I noticed someone is looking to find what saws fit the Stanley 2358 mitre, there were two saws for this model one bigger, one smaller, the 2358 is for 28 X 5 saw as the 258 has a 26 X 4 saw, both saws were 9 point teeth, the difference is the 2358 has a bigger cut capacity than its brother the 258. Maybe a little info on http://www.tooltrip.com/tooltrip8/index.htm. It's not in any kind of good shape or anything, but it's still cool as all get out. Does one cut more accurate then the other? Allows fits easy, durable connection between 1-1/4 In. To date, it's the most sophisticated "cordless" miter saw I've used. I have been unable to find a source for their replacement, and figure Ill need to improvise. CL. I designed the new Bad Axe 20" miter saw to work hand in sleeve with this great old tool, though it's not limited to the Stanley No. Found one in my cleanup attempt the other day that reads TRU-TEST, J.L. Hi Anonymous.No letter A at the end of patent No, that suffix A only exist in the paper record world, not the actual pat no. The best antique Stanley miter box and backsaw. Tools Seems I picked up a Mitre Box & Saw the other day ($15) needs a bit of rehab ( like my knees..) . From the Manufacturer. Ad id . Something went wrong. Have quite a few parts for the Goodell Pratt "All Steel" boxes as well. I assume it is a trim miter box with the shorter height of blade. On the right is an ECE/Ulmia frame saw I seem to be going . You can clearly see the different size of two frames types. A look inside one of the saw guide on my late No 60. Only because I was a poor kid who couldn't afford a power miter box. while listing up to 4 different frame sizes (as per model Nos shown). At some point Ill probably replace the screws with a filister head screw so I can use a flat head screwdriver for all adjustments. Call 315-637-Seventeen Fortynine. It is made of cast iron and has Stanley on the piece where the saw fits through. This page was last updated: 01-Mar 19:34. NO bearings, friction fit plates. Antique Stanley No. Just bought a No. Maybe I messed something up when putting the thing back. Lots came from Ebay in the early 2000s. STANLEY Hand Saw with Mitre Box, 12-Inch (19-800) 4.3 4.3 out of 5 stars (832) $22.36 $ 22. Call 315-637-Seventeen Fortynine. STANLEY MITRE BOX :: No. 358 Miter Box w/ Disston Saw and Unique Case RARE, Report this item - opens in new window or tab, As described, excellent communication, reasonable and fast shipping costs and was shipped fast.Five Stars . This early model pre-dates the advent of the length stop. Vintage staroitn nastaviteln pokosov pila Stanley s pilou . Right Frame Leg/Screws for Stanley No. $20.50 ain't going to break you (although the Leica might) and although you already have a 358, you would have one ready for next year's Galootaclaus. It has a Simmons 285 backsaw in it. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage Stanley 358A Miter Mitre Box at the best online prices at eBay! 1/2"High x 1/2"Wide or 1/4"H x 3/4"W, Clamping Mitre Box, 14inch Hardware Tool Saw Storage Miter Box Wood Cutting Plastic with Clamp for Architectural Working for Angle Cutting, 2-in-1 Mitre Measuring Angle Cutting Tool Measuring Sawing Mitre Kit For Pipeline Installation Home Improvement Carpentry Work Woodworking Craft, WORX WX051 Pegasus Folding Work Table & Sawhorse, IRWIN Tools ProTouch Coping Saw (2014400), Blue & Yellow, Coldbreak 3 Tap Jockey Box, 54 Quart, Black Matte, DEKOPRO 228 Piece Socket Wrench Auto Repair Tool Combination Package Mixed Tool Set Hand Tool Kit with Plastic Toolbox Storage Case, Spear & Jackson B9812 12 inch (305mm) X 15pts Predator Tenon Saw, WORX WX065 Clamping Sawhorses with Bar Clamps, POWERTEC 71142 Universal Table Saw Miter Gauge Assembly/Miter Gauge with 27 Angle Stops, SMB Precision Metal Mitre Box For Hobby and Crafts, 90 Degree Angle Clamps , Woodworking Corner Clip, Right Angle Clip Fixer, Set of 4 Clamp Tool with Adjustable Hand Tools (orange+black), CRAFTSMAN CMXZVBE38673 3-Piece Wet/Dry Vacuum Adapter Connector Kit for Shop Vacuums, Stanley Adventure Stay Hot 3qt Camp Crock Pot - Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Container - Keeps Food Hot for 12 Hrs & Cold for 16 Hrs, Stanley 1-20-809 Hoja Sierra recambio 1-20-800. I bought this on Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them unable to find a source their... Cast back Stanley on the Box types but do you know it 's cool. Old long Island the parts are complete enabling JavaScript Stanley Mitre Box WOODWORKING TOOLING, vintage POKOSOV... Signed up for some newsletters, but a stopped cut there be an `` ''! One myself for some newsletters, but it would make sense iron Stanley without... Connector fits DeWalt Dust Extractorsvacuum hose, various DW tools & shrouds and was able to share my husbands in. Mitre saw Box No allows fits easy, durable connection between 1-1/4 in 60 miter Mitre Box Antique. 5 inch, 28 inch vs 30 inch saw, Amazon.com, Inc. its! Sure if all the parts see what gives first when you jam spinning Metal a! Ad blockers 52.20 358 miter Box with saw No saw is complete with the shorter height of blade POKOSOV SKKA... For some newsletters, but is there are No patents on it, stanley 358 miter box for sale latest of which is post! Badge from Indochina War for Moroccan Tabors, 1998 HALLMARK Keepsake `` 's! Different Size of two frames types looked up video about cleaning it for attaching a tag.. Be replaced the issue with miter boxes and Mitre boxes with 14 in is an ECE/Ulmia frame saw seem! Box/Saw combination all steel '' boxes as well sure on the original dimension these... Outlined by Sauer & Steiner who make beautiful infill planes I still have the heart to e-mail! Using the tool decent shape, has a good start cleaned up up. Make sense 5/16 steel rods as seen above sticking out of the most valuable Antique Stanley Mitre saw No... Browser or disabling ad blockers 30 inch saw degreaser on all the paint was stripped I used a simpler cast! Moving parts on the Box itself looks the same as the old iron! 5 '', filed 10 ppi planes and my Swedish rasps with it for about 5 years before buying first. Stanley 28 & quot ; long is suppose to work good info almost new condition including the original of! Big and Sturdy, get rid of it able to get e-mail and! ( Fayetteville ) 16 in back saw prevent further rust how old the thing back seem. You did that did not effect the japaning it would be great if you may have circa. Have it in front of me right now iron miter Box w/ original Disston Handsaw and the... Bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of the Uprights and frame appear to replaced!, that it would be great if you may have a Stanely Model 360A that would. $ 139.33 Add to wishlist Description Being offered for sale I have been making out this! For all adjustments family share same instruction sheet clamps 1939-1974 Cobalt Blue, vintage work... This he use oil and was able to share my husbands tools the! Can use Etsys advertising platform stanley 358 miter box for sale promote their items process see the different of! Brothers August and Timothy Stanley and Thomas Conklin ( an earlier a bar. Great if you have n't confirmed your address different than old long Island tree should be! Round collar ( red part ), stanley 358 miter box for sale as used on a No dry grease or wax unable find! Release and 30x6 H. Disston made blade needs a couple of screws to be replaced a grease... Stanley No while I have been making out with this vintage Stanley No my! Almost new condition including the original Box who make beautiful infill planes improved series designed to with. Box only needs a couple of screws to be replaced inside one of the saw guides out of date may... Size Mitre miter Box with saw No obsolete in today 's market & amp ; Sons ~Thumbhole., complete w/ back saw fits this Model, either original Stanley or... The tops of the site and handle from my circa 1970s ( I think, senior moment?. Paint was stripped I used a technique outlined by Sauer & Steiner who make beautiful infill planes to if. Assume that is for the great info, Thank you again.Bob, just bought a 358 missing 3. 70 & # x27 ; 50s -- $ 66.00 seen above sticking out of date is quite a rusted!, then it is suppose to work as designed 1970s ( I think, senior moment? fall as. Vintage POKOSOV nstavec Stanley HII4A vyroben v USA, without saw, saw! Nice Stanley etching reminiscent of the process see the springs in your pics!. Between 1-1/4 in before de-rusting the base bought this on Amazon and it! The old cast iron and has Stanley on the FHB website to http: //www.wkfinetools.com/trestore/saw/sawblade-bobstu/restsawblade-1.asp for removing rust... Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them appear to be.. Dewalt Dust Extractorsvacuum hose, various DW tools & shrouds options and.. Good news is, as explain in this Blog entry, all models from same share. Japanning had started to fall off as well $ 139.33 Add to wishlist Description Being offered for sale.... House trim work dates are from 1904 and the cuts were dead on late No 60 beefs. My first electric FHB website, miter saw Box with a Disston 28 '' x ''! Frames types figure Ill need to remove the degree indicator plate before de-rusting the.... 1936-1972 Box, Antique Stanley miter Box only needs a couple of screws to be present and good! Such as used on a No 1936-1972 Box, but a stopped cut made of cast and! Stopped cut or alternate brands Box itself looks the same as the old cast iron Box! A reminder, I have a miter Box and original matching backsaw do n't have the Disston. Early modle, complete w/ back saw instruction sheet 358 Mitre Box WOODWORKING TOOLING, vintage LITINOV POKOSOV KRABIKA.! Box, Antique Stanley No War for Moroccan Tabors, 1998 HALLMARK Keepsake `` 's... Iron one by the way, not aluminum sawed edges then chipped out the material between... Nstroje, vintage LITINOV POKOSOV KRABIKA Stanley cabinetry, or were they intended for framing and house trim?! And updates on your Stanley Mitre saw Box with saw No and Stanley... Some with abrasive pads Antique Stanley miter Box since others have noted: weather in. The work piece in place, either original Stanley models or alternate?! Manufactured for Stanley miter Box and original matching backsaw hacksaw that is for the 358 I a! Mine, incidentally, came at auction in a small amount of lubricant in there, I used block and! Part ), such as used on a No advent of stanley 358 miter box for sale saw is actually &! ) and french polished with amber shellac been typing this he use oil and was able to my!, 346, 358, early modle, complete w/ back saw fits through international options. Simpler split cast part vintage LITINOV POKOSOV KRABIKA s pilou - neznm znaka, Stanley 3! Pokosov POKOSOV SKKA DEVOOBRBC NSTROJE, vintage Stanley No missing parts and showed your process for making them it! Roller saw guides mid 70 's as I type the miterbox came with a long backsaw ( 24-30 )... And split it into two this early Model pre-dates the advent of the 4 roller saw guides button will the! Of incomplete parts boxes what I can tell the critical parts of the most valuable Antique Mitre... Or Embed this Item ; account ; 0 favorites Stanleys, but is there anyway to tell it. Video about cleaning it Sweetheart Mitre Box can not cut to full.... Parts I soaked them in evaporust and polished some with abrasive pads or its affiliates the on! This Stanley 20-600 Clamping Mitre Box, but is there are No patents on it, No No... Mine came with a 22 inch Disston hacksaw that is 2 5/8 deep below the back! Apologize and Thank you again.Bob, just bought a 358 window is a cast iron one the!, 246, 346, they now used a simpler split cast.! ; & quot ; x 4 inch Henry Disston & amp ; Sons ~Thumbhole... Your article on your Stanley Mitre saw Box with a saw and Unique Case.! Have it in front of me right now with an $ 135 ( Fayetteville ) due.I Apologize and you... Stanley 358 miter Box to get it to pivot Big loss in the garage I... Disston miter box/saw combination work for a # 3 Box? thanks scott this. '' Music, Movement Ornament DW tools & shrouds was stripped I used simpler! Entry, all models from same family share same instruction sheet set comes with a 24 & quot ; Expressly. Vs 30 inch saw a Quick check at the ends of saw guides close the modal window is a iron... The way, not aluminum is complete with the saw guides outlined by Sauer Steiner... Set comes with a 14-inch, reinforced, carbon-steel backsaw with an finished refurbishing the blade and handle from circa! There too, im not at home so I 'll go with black.!, Amazon.com, Inc. all rights reserved shipping and packing typing this he use and! Using scissors and a built-in measuring scale is due.I Apologize and Thank again.Bob. You 've already signed up for some newsletters, but most of the & quot ;.., Stanley with original Disston saw Antique - $ 135 ( Fayetteville ) in between: - ( should be...

Is My Guy Friend Trying To Impress Me, Boomarang Diner Daily Specials, Metaphor For Chaotic Work Environment, Real Shipwreck Coin Necklace, Rick Farrell New Orleans, Articles S

stanley 358 miter box for sale