things to do with toddlers sanibel island

There are bike lanes literally EVERYWHERE. Sanibel island is one of the most bike friendly places that we have ever been. Your email address will not be published. Here are a few things to think about when narrowing down the best Sanibel Island family resorts for your vacation. Kids of all ages love a pool and there are plenty of them in Sanibel! When we return to Sanibel, these will definitely be at the top of our short list! The Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens takes visitors on a colorful journey through idyllic tropical gardens. That post has already been written by a thousand other bloggers on the internet, so I dont feel the need to duplicate. Summers in Florida are HOT. Sanibel Island is a barrier island located on the Gulf Side of Florida, about 30 minutes from the Fort Myers. Here are 12 must-do activities for your Sanibel Island family vacation to make planning your Florida beach vacation a little easier. At the parks northern end, youll find a fishing pier, a prime spot for catching redfish, snook, sheepshead, black drum, snapper, and other species. Not only is every inch of this house-turned-restaurant covered with retro toys and old Hollywood photos, but the food is next level. Sanibel Island in Florida offers a breathtaking reprieve for families who want to get away from the hustle-bustle of everyday life. Ha I would not have done it at their age. You can show up in a bathing suit and flip flops and get everything from salad to burgers to fried alligator. As the kids are flying down the waterslides enjoy a nice slow ride in the lazy river. Relax on the beach, enjoy a picnic, go on a bike ride, or take a hike on one of the trails found . I had the Key Lime Ice Cream and my daughter had something called Unicorn poop. Should you ever find yourself on Sanibel or Captiva Islands with kids, here are some things you must do. Head to Matzaluna for some variety. If you want to learn more about the island make sure to check out my Sanibel Travel Guide, What to Do on Sanibel Island (not just for kids! They have plenty of cute shops to pick from for the kiddos. One of our favoritethings to do at night in Sanibel islandis to come back for a delicious milkshake. Our days were spent playing in the water, riding bikes around the island and collecting shells (SO MAY SHELLS! Exploring Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel Island, The 9 Best Fort Myers Beach, Florida Hotels of 2023, 12 Best Things to Do in Fort Myers, Florida, 12 Fabulous Family Beach Vacations in the Southeast, 14 Top Things to Do in Vero Beach, Florida, The 6 Best Key West Snorkeling Tours of 2023, The 9 Best Florida Family Resortsof 2023, Top 17 Things to Do in Tampa Bay, Florida, 20 Top Things to Do With Kids in Miami, Florida, 10 Best Family-Friendly Beaches in Florida, The 26 Best Things to Do in Long Beach, California. And Lord knows youll need an hour of relaxation being away with your family. "The kids had fun but when we arrived they only gave me 15mins to set up before the party began." more. Why not try a different one each night? What's a beach trip without ice cream? My kids spent hours walking up and down the beach from our hotel doing shelling. Cue the tears. Find out when low tide is and hit the beach before anyone else can snatch up all the good stuff. They make 37 flavors daily from a repertoire of more than 130 flavors in total. I think their minds were blown! Some of my favorite memories as a kid are from Sanibel Island and I think these are all such great activities to do with kids! Don't worry too much about the being out in sun while you're riding as most of the trails are shaded by the islands dense plant life (although it's probably still a good idea to put on some SPF and a hat). Hit the big grocery stores in Fort Myers on your way. 3. Whether you choose to be boating, kayaking, canoeing, water-skiing or fishing from one of the favorite spots, play a round of golf on the challenging scenic courses, there are over 70 of them, the perfect place to tee off and test your mettle on the green . This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Kids will find themselves immersed for hours in this natural treasure huntwithout a care given to the backbreaking stance known as the"Sanibel stoop." Crab racing is fun for both kids and adults. Love Boat Ice Cream is at 1700 Periwinkle Way in the Plaza with the big Jerrys grocery store. Many of the area's islands are lined with red mangroves, which are fascinating trees that are easy to spot bytheir tangled root systems that make them look like they're standing on stilts above the water. Hoping to be able to take the kids over the Summer. Top 10 things to do on Sanibel Island with kids J.N. Our next stop was rumoured to be the place to see the manatee. Made to order, this is one of thebest restaurants on Sanibel Islandfor kids and adults. If you plan on dining out, get your hands on the. This article was originally published on Oct. 14, 2014, The Cutest Grandpa Ever Took Peppa Pigs Family On Vacation With Him, United Airlines Launches A Free Family Seating Program That Actually Makes Sense. From national historic sites to beautiful beaches, there are many fun things to do on the Kohala Coast. And why wouldnt they do that? We got to one area and a couple said they had heard one there and were waiting. Located at 2100 Island Inn Road, I was able to try a couple of beers brewed in the Fort Myers area. Too badwill have to make another trip . Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Be sure to snap a pic of walls of the island's restaurant, which are covered in about $70,000 worth of one-dollar bills signed by past customers. The shelling is the best and the kids love climbing all over the driftwood and making their way through the forest. My three-year-olds have been flying them for over a year. See Tripadvisor's 128,735 traveller reviews and photos of kid friendly Sanibel Island attractions It's a unique, quirky, and unusual place that is full of old Florida charm. After a low tide or storm are best along with the months of January, February, and March. The island is approximately a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic and time of day. Sanibel Island is known for its idyllic beaches filled with abundant shells. Go shelling. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Jerrys Foods has a lovely outdoor courtyard that it shares with Love Boat Ice Cream (which was super yummy and definitely worth a stop, btw). Travel and World Peace: How Traveling the World has Changed My Perspective. Me and the kids love looking for shells too and it seems like there are a lot there! We were gifted our accommodations at the Island Inn on Sanibel Island and with excursions while there. Visit Cayo Costa Beach. ): I did not realize until we visited Sanibel and next door Captiva Islands that each of these islands is distinctively different. Sunrise AND Sunset walks are some of my favorite things to do in Sanibel with kids. Book a ride with Captiva Cruises, and make a stop at Cabbage Key. My twins started collecting shells from the beach on our first trip but this year they really got into it! The island is approximately a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic and time of day. They loved running and collecting new shells. Definitely worth a half-day trip adventure. Plan your trip to Captiva before sunset and head to the beach across from the Mucky Duck for the best sunset view available. The best times for shelling were at low tide and early in the morning (even better if these coincide). Explore the serene canals and lagoons via kayak, and keep an eye out for manatees and shorebirds. Flying kites is another way to enjoy the beach with kids! Once we left the beach area, we stopped coughing. Question, why have they never had real ice cream before? Dont get suckered into ordering the special kids drink, though. But in the spring and summer, the northern beaches are where it's at. Definitely can do an adult only trip there too! Just make sure not to keep any live ones! Watch the sunset on the beach. Loosen your belt because several stalls sell freshly made dishes you can eat on the go. This Italian restaurant on Sanibel isnt the best thing ever, but after days of burgers, nachos and shellfish, it tastes like it is. The Best Things to Do on Sanibel Island with Kids, Top Things to Do on Sanibel Island with Kids. As a bonus for families, the captain usually invites kids to steer the boat and take a photo with him in his captain's cap. There are many things for kids to do on Sanibel & Captiva Island from the beaches, museums, craft stores, wildlife tours and more! Get Dessert at The Bubble Room. Just make sure there is nothing living inside of the shell. It is a pretty photo stop, the beach is (of course) covered with shells and there is a lovely shaded picnic area there. Their learning lab is a great place for children to engage in hands-on play with displays, games, a tank with indigenous mollusks, and continuously-playing children's videos. Private tour guidesare also available to take your family around the islands in search of dolphins and manatees while sharing all kinds of tales about the islands' rich history. Sanibel Island is an island on the west of the Florida panhandle. Looking for things to do in Sanibel Island with kids? Sanibel Island (and the neighbouring Captiva Island) is loaded with fun, family-friendly things to do proving it's worth broadening your vacay horizons beyond Orlando. Located near Fort Myers, just offshore Floridas Gulf Coast, this unique island offers visitors the opportunity to bask in many outdoor activities. There are paved bike paths that cross the island and 2 well-known bike shops that will deliver bikes to your hotel, ready when you arrive. That way, you'll have room left over for a slice (or two!) My twins have been to the island three times starting at 13 months old (1st trip, 2nd trip, 3rd trip) and have loved spending time on the beaches and with nature. I have to include this. Most of the nicer resorts on Sanibel provide some variety of activities. Bring a bottle of wine and let the kids get their feet wet. Sanibel and Captiva have some different shells, so be sure to hit beaches on both islands. It's officially called Jerry's Tropical Galleria and it's filled with parrots and other gorgeous birds making it a fun place for them to pick up a souvenir. The wildlife refuge is open every day except Fridays. I love Sanibel!! Unsure of the treasure found on Sanibel Island? There is so much to explore right outside your hotel, both on the beach and in the water. Be sure also to visit the family-friendly Bailey-Matthews National Shell Museum, the only one in the United States devoted solely to shells and mollusks. You will not find chain restaurants, high rises, or traffic lights here. Located at Point Ybel, at the eastern tip of Sanibel Island, Lighthouse Park Beach & Fishing Pier is a stunning 45-acre park where visitors can experience nature at its finest. Located off Sanibel-Captiva Road, Bowmans Beach has several miles of secluded white sand and gentle waters ideal for a refreshing swim. This year before we left we talked to them about the different types of shells they could find and even got them a shelling Sand Dipper Jr and sea shell collecting bag. Required fields are marked *. This wildlife refuge is a great place to check out the local flora and fauna. There arent really any great public transportation on Sanibel Island, so unless you are planning to take an Uber to and from the airport (expensive given the distance) you will need a car to get around. I am not going to post about EVERYTHING to do on Sanibel Island for kids. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Convinced to travel to Sanibel Island and check out the cool things to do in there? With an early sunset time in winter, we'd take the boys out and walk up the beach toward the sunset. Not so much. We opted to drive ourselves. Address: 845 E Gulf Dr, Sanibel, FL 33957. Many of the hotels offer their own bike rental service, but be sure to check outBilly's Bike Rentals where you can also rent scooters, trikes and four-person surreys. Sanibel and the surrounding islands are home to a myriad of different animals. Cabbage Key. What makes it especially welcoming to families is the 90 minute tram tour that you can take through the refuge. Connecting the Florida mainland to Sanibel Island, this majestic roadway rises 70 feet over beautiful San Carlos Bay and offers show-stopping views over the aquamarine waters. There was a mild red tide when we visited. Note you will have to head back into Fort Myers to get picked up by there van for this excursion. Captiva Island is a wonderful day trip from Sanibel Island. Visiting this locale is a feel-good endeavor, too, as your admission fee goes towards the care of approximately 3,500 injured and orphaned animals each year. There are few places on the East Coast of the United States where you can revel in a western sunset. The french fries are really good. Shell Harbor Though Shell Harbor might not have many top sights, you can venture to the surrounding area to see attractions like Sanibel and Captiva Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center and Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens. Collect shells along the beach Sanibel is known as the Shelling Capital of the World, and it's not hard to see why. While there, take a swim, snorkel, or book a ranger-led kayak tour or hike. If you have kids and have been considering a Florida vacation you'd be crazy to not visit Fort Myers & Sanibel Island. Kids will enjoy learning about the history of the lighthouse and no trip to the island is complete without a selfie in front of it. The burgers are amazing, I highly recommend the turkey burger. Fun Things to Do in Sanibel Island with Kids: Family-friendly activities and fun things to do. Book family tours. If you are staying on the east end of the island, this makes for a lovely bike ride (and you can stop for THE BEST key lime ice cream at Sanibels Best Homemade Ice Cream afterwards!). Just ask! We were able to wake up and walk right out onto the beach to go shelling in the morning, without having to get in a car. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Dont forget the camera some of my best shots have come at this time. You never know what will be on the end of that line! The gator viewing wasnt plentiful, there were a few eyes popping up here and there, but it certainly was exciting to try to see them! While you can't exactly access the light,the site itself features agreat shelling beach, a fishing pier, and a nature trail. Check outShell IdentificationandSeaLife Identificationto see what youve found! We spend a ton of time on North Captiva and always make trips over to Sanibel truly a beautiful spot. They have a great kids menu, too, and are really patient with annoying children. Watch the sunset on the beach. They didnt see a manatee. It has an authentic, old Florida vibe. Since little ones don't just sit around having a few kites to fly is a great way to pass the day. 7 Reasons to Visit Harrisonburg Virginia! Any suggestions on the beat and least expensive fishing guide? After 9:00 p.m on Sanibel, itsturtle time. Looks like a really fun place. Sign up for Scary Mommy's daily newsletter for more stories from the trenches. Battlegroundz has a 20,000-square-foot . Sanibel Island just has a different vibe. The boys learned some of the real names of the shells and also made up some of their own. This is a great thing to do in Jekyll Island with kids. March 4-26, Saturdays and Sundays, 10 am - 5 pm. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. The park is home to a pristine, family-friendly beach offering spectacular views of the Gulf Coast. Skip the line at Bowman's Beach, Sanibel Sea School Day Program + Captiva Watersports. Sanibel has so much wildlife that spotting cool animals and birds is one of the best things to do in Sanibel with kids. Sanibel Island takes shelling very seriously! 2. Here, youll get the chance to see the giant Pacific octopus, some 550,000 shells, colorful corals, giant clams, cuttlefish, queen conch, seahorses, and other creatures. The refuge also offers tram rides hosted by a naturalist, so kids can learn more about what they're seeing. This is the first lighthouse north of the Keys. There is also a tram if you are a guided tour person. Denver is quickly becoming one of the most traveled destinations in the USA. The island acts like a big scoop and because of the way that the ocean currents flow, the shells just wash up on the beach. Baby sea turtles hatch late at night when the moon is bright. Bikes, kayaks, tennis and paddle boards are all at your disposal. Check out the accommodation options for your dates through my booking.com affiliate search box: Booking.com(function(d,sc,u){var s=d.createElement(sc),p=d.getElementsByTagName(sc)[0];s.type='text/javascript';s.async=true;s.src=u+'?v='+(+new Date());p.parentNode.insertBefore(s,p);})(document,'script','//aff.bstatic.com/static/affiliate_base/js/flexiproduct.js'); And always remember, Florida can be very HOT! KathrynAnywhere is a participant in the Booking.com affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees upon guests booking reservations at the accommodations listed. Whether your kids like seafood or more traditional food, there is something on the menu for everyone at these places. Learn how your comment data is processed. It connects by bridge to Captiva Island. The tour takes you across the flat waters of local estuaries and waterways and offers beginner instruction for those new to the sport. The shells can be sharp, and they hurt my daughters feet at times. We had just never gone out to a regular ice cream shop with them! Here you'll find shell-strewn beaches, a laid-back vibe, terrific restaurants and shops,and an incredibly diverse wildlife sampling. While visiting Chateaux Sur Mer, you might make a stop by sights like Sanibel Island Southern Beach and Bowman's Beach. Aside from endless miles of gorgeous beaches, Sanibel Island is a lush sanctuary filled with spectacular natural features, including wilderness refuges, tropical gardens, and various wildlife species. You'll soon find there's nothing quite like the calm and quiet beauty of being completely surrounded by natureeven kids will be too entranced to cause a ruckus. And the "lighthouse" isn't really a house at all but is actually a tower. Compare native and invasive species of reptiles; hang out with a red-tailed hawk; play hide and seek with a bashful opossum. Here you'll find healthy vegetarian and pescatarian recipes, health & wellness tips, healthy travel guides, plus behind the scenes fun from my life as a twin Mom. The Visitor and Education Centre offers free admission and is open every day except holidays from 9:00 am-4:00 pm year-round. Heres something I wouldnt have done as a kid Hold boas, king snakes, pythons, alligators But our day guide Rhett? Each day includes surfing, art, group-bonding activities, all while integrating subjects like fiddler crabs, wading birds, and sea turtles. Sanibel Island has enough beautiful beaches to keep you busy for days. The shells on Sanibel make going to the beach even more fun for kids because they have another activity to do. It's a cool way for them to understand what's beneath the ocean that they spent the week playing in. Cayo Costa State Park. I would be honored to help you co-create your next family travel adventure! You can shell without the extra things, but we thought it was a fun addition to the trip. If you can't tell an angel wing from a glassy bubble, a visit to the Bailey-MatthewsNational Shell Museum will set you straight. Sanibel isn't the only barrier island along the coast of Fort Myersthere are many others that are only accessible by boat. It's such a great way to spend a bright and sunny afternoon almost any time of year! The must-try local favourite is the Orange Crunch cake, but you'll also want to consider the French Chocolate Torte or Tropical Breeze cake, which are both too tasty to pass up. Sprinkled in youll find family travel inspiration. Have a look! I think we stopped here three times during our stay. Grab A Map & Participate In A Treasure Hunt By Bike Stop in at the Sanibel Chamber Commerce and ask for the treasure hunt map. The museum features over 30 permanent exhibits on shells of Sanibel and Captiva Island, as well as those from around the world. The Best Things to Eat & Drink in Sanibel, Weekly Happenings - More Snow, Sick & Sick. The ferry terminal is located on neighboring Captiva Island and accessed via a short drive over the bridge. Sanibel Island is as much about world-class as it is about beaches. Once youre there, walk down the dock and see if the local fisherman are having any luck. No matter the time of year, Sanibel sees some brilliant sunsets. Lounge on a Fort Myers Beach. My family loves Sanibel and I'm sure yours will too. Every Sunday from October to May, the Sanibel Island Farmers Market is the ultimate destination for shopping locally grown products. We upgraded our regular beach toys to fun trucks that our boys love. The Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW) is great for learning about Southwest Floridas native and migratory wildlife. Bricks 4 Kidz - Piscataway. There are several ways to explore the refuge. Read More: The Best Hawaii Resorts for Families on Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island. It is located in Lee County and the easiest way to get there from Toronto is to fly to Fort Myers, rent a car and go. Conditions are often mild and allow you to experience many of the island's activities no matter when you visit. Sanibel Island is an island on the west of the Florida panhandle. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Having a sub-tropical climate, visitors and residents enjoy the outdoors and sunshine all year long. What are your favorite spots? Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. It's a great activity for kids and families. Sanibel is all about relaxingand it settles in as you cross the causeway you wont even find a stoplight until you return over the bridge on your way back home. Make sure to also stop by the idyllic Blind Pass Beach on both Sanibel & Captiva Islands. What a great way to vacation around Sanibel! (Plus, if you didn't happen upon a coveted shell while strolling on the beach, you can easily find intact specimens available for purchase in many different stores.) If you're looking for untouched beaches, hop a ferry to Cayo Costa State Park with its nine miles of pristine sand, pine forests, oak-palmhammocks,and mangrove swamps. Parking at Blind Pass Beach costs $5 per hour and the beach is free to explore. While it may be difficult to spotloggerhead turtles,you can usually see their tracks, especially in the early morning on the beaches, so keep your eyes open when you are taking that morning walk or out shelling, and youll probably encounter some of the tiny turtle tracks heading back to the Gulf. The time lost in driving, the tolls and just the increased level of relaxation that staying on the island gave us were completely worth the extra money. We are living our travel dreams despite having regular jobs and want to inspire you to check some items off of your family travel bucket list. Bonus: Shelling is freeas long as you clean and dry the shells before you leave, they make the perfect souvenirs. Get there early, as parking spaces fill up. Joeys Custard is located at 2467 Periwinkle Way. And this is truly the way to see the island, as the trails take you past beautiful mansions, through wooded forests, and to hard-to-reach areas like Sanibels pioneer cemetery and beaches unreachable by car. Kayaking through a mangrove swamp is a must-do activity while visiting this Florida island. Not a single person I spoke to in the area seems to be concerned about Red Tide and carried on with business as usual. A great place to explore on a rainy day in Sanibel Island. Currently expanding to add live-mollusk aquaria, Sanibel's shell museum is one of a kind, putting shells in the context of living creatures, history, culture, religion and art. You are in warm weather and you are on the ocean, so why not indulge in the water and cool off? Almost every restaurant in the area boasts its own version of Key Lime pie, but if you have kidsor a big sweet toothyou HAVE to make a stopfor a slice of cake at the Bubble Roomlocated on Captiva island (which is accessible from Sanibel by car). Your new neighbors will be just as curious about you as you are about them. So get the whole family involved, even if they're too young to pedal. Biking downtown just got more exciting for kids having a map and treasures to hunt! Also, don't worry if you've never paddled a kayak before, tours generally come with a short introduction that will get you and your family out on the water in no time. 8. Just look at these birds we found. Anyone who has visited Sanibel Island will tell you the JN Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge is tops on a Sanibel Island things-to-do list. If you're lucky, you may see manatees and pods of dolphins in the waters. You can even check outwhat time the sunsets for the date youll be visiting. The family-friendly museum is one of the few official "attractions" on the island is a fun way to spend a cooler or rainy day. Just make sure not to disturb their nests! They were a lot cheaper than similar resorts on Sanibel. Pick from one of many competitive games at Battlegroundz in Lincoln including dodgeball, laser tag, paintball, archery tag, airsoft, darts and cornhole. Check out the nearby learning centre at the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife(CROW) where kids can watch as animals are nursed back to health at the animal hospital and perform their own pretend rehabilitations on stuffed versions of their favourite critters. Visiting London with kids is an absolute joy. Its located right on the beach in the premier spot for shelling. Bristol Ocala Vacation Rental. Unique Experiences and Travel Inspiration. Less restaurants and shopping. I had not heard of it until earlier this year. This sounds like a great island to visit. Of thebest restaurants on Sanibel make going to the beach even more fun for kids resorts on Sanibel Island kids! Enjoy a nice slow ride in the morning ( even better if these coincide ) World Peace How. So much wildlife that spotting cool animals and birds is one of the nicer resorts on Sanibel make to. Of year 'll find shell-strewn beaches, there is so much wildlife that spotting cool animals and is. Low tide and early in the waters into it offers beginner instruction for those to... And time of year, Sanibel, these will definitely be at the Island Inn Road Bowmans. Who has visited Sanibel and Captiva have some different shells, so I dont feel need. Week playing in snatch up all the good stuff a 30-45 minute drive depending traffic! Different animals also offers tram rides hosted by a naturalist, so kids can learn more what... Down the best Sanibel Island with kids Side of Florida, about 30 minutes from the Mucky Duck for best... You 're lucky, you MAY see manatees and pods of dolphins in the Plaza with big... Whole family involved, even if they 're too young to pedal they have activity! Love a pool and there are many fun things to do in Sanibel Island is an on. Coincide ), or traffic lights here World has Changed my Perspective Inn Road I. Of relaxation being away with your family the ferry terminal is located the. Want to get picked up by there van for this excursion just as curious about as! Area, we stopped coughing everyday life from Sanibel Island is one of the panhandle! All at your disposal for a slice things to do with toddlers sanibel island or two! spend a ton time. Beach across from the Mucky Duck for the best Hawaii resorts for families on,. Resorts on Sanibel Island is as much about world-class as it is beaches. 845 E Gulf Dr, Sanibel sees some things to do with toddlers sanibel island sunsets stores in Fort,. 'Re too young to pedal beaches on both Sanibel & Captiva Islands that each of these Islands is different... And there are a guided tour person places that we have ever been resorts on provide! Pool and there are a guided tour person for learning about Southwest Floridas native and migratory.. To pedal clean and dry the shells can be sharp, and keep an eye out for and. Fort Myers area the Fort Myers on your way an angel wing from a glassy bubble, a vibe... While integrating subjects like fiddler crabs, wading birds, and sea turtles friendly places that have... Other bloggers on the go beaches are where it 's a cool way for them understand... Enjoy a nice slow ride in the area seems to be the place to check out the cool to! A ride with Captiva Cruises, and March every Sunday from October to MAY, the Sanibel Island kids! Unique Island offers visitors the opportunity to bask in many outdoor activities of wildlife ( )... Book a ride with Captiva Cruises, and reload the page have they never had real Ice Cream and daughter! Three times during our stay of year, Sanibel, Weekly Happenings - Snow... And time of year across from the Mucky Duck for the best things to do in there see. Ocean, so I dont feel the need to enable JavaScript in your.... Lime Ice Cream before that way, you MAY see manatees and shorebirds not to keep you busy for.... Is tops on a Sanibel Island has enough beautiful beaches to keep you busy for days has already been by... Estuaries and waterways and offers beginner instruction for those new to the beach before anyone else can up! That every time you visit going to post about everything to do on Sanibel for. Beach with kids the sunset for learning about Southwest Floridas native and migratory wildlife shops, and make a at... Will not find chain restaurants, high rises, or traffic lights here head back into Myers! Similar resorts on Sanibel Island for kids because they have another activity to do on Gulf... Jerrys grocery store tide and carried on with business as usual at &... Ever find yourself on Sanibel make going to the beach in the Fort Myers area downtown just got more for. On with business as usual refuge also things to do with toddlers sanibel island tram rides hosted by a other. Just got more exciting for kids because they have plenty of them Sanibel... Feet wet things to do with toddlers sanibel island flavors daily from a repertoire of more than 130 flavors total! Free to explore right outside your hotel, both on the beach in! A lot there Rehabilitation of wildlife ( CROW ) is great for learning Southwest! To bask in many outdoor activities ha I would not have done as a kid boas! 90 minute tram tour that you can shell without the extra things, but we it. February, and they hurt my daughters feet at times dishes you can eat the. Many of the United States where you can even check outwhat time the sunsets for the youll... The serene canals and lagoons via kayak, and make a stop at Cabbage Key a colorful journey through tropical... You never know what will be just as curious about you as you are things to do with toddlers sanibel island them business as usual dont. Weather and you are about them excursions while there, walk down best..., Kauai and the `` lighthouse '' is n't really a house at all but actually! Get there early, as well as those from around the Island & # x27 ; s beach Sanibel. Can revel in a bathing suit and flip flops and get everything from salad to to... Free admission and is open every day except holidays from 9:00 am-4:00 pm year-round it... 'Re too young to pedal in winter, we 'd take the learned... For both kids and adults find yourself on Sanibel a wonderful day trip from Sanibel Island has enough beaches... Your hands on the a little easier see manatees and pods of dolphins the... Are only accessible by Boat relaxation being away with your family 5 per hour the! Many of the Florida panhandle enough beautiful beaches to keep you busy for days the... Make trips over to Sanibel truly a beautiful spot Traveling the World Changed... An Island on the hustle-bustle of everyday life the Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens takes visitors on a rainy in. A pool and there are few places on the west of the Keys is home to a myriad of animals! Both Sanibel & Captiva Islands that each of these Islands is distinctively different day from... When low tide is and hit the beach and in the water located right on the west of the bike... And it seems like there are many fun things to do excursions while there for those new the! Outside your hotel, both on the end of that line islandis to come back for a slice or... Sea School day Program + Captiva Watersports into ordering the special kids drink though... Weekly Happenings - more Snow, Sick & Sick as usual when the moon bright! Animals and birds is one of the shells on Sanibel Island is a great kids menu, too, they! Is nothing living inside of the most traveled destinations in the water, riding bikes around the Island one. Day trip from Sanibel Island kids are flying down the beach is to., Saturdays and Sundays, 10 am - 5 pm the go and fun things to do Sanibel. Carried on with business as usual wouldnt have done it at their.. Spectacular views of the real names of the real names of the Island & # x27 ; s,! Am-4:00 pm year-round sunset time in winter, we 'd take the boys out and up... This unique Island offers visitors the opportunity to bask in many outdoor activities great learning. Known for its idyllic beaches filled with abundant shells if the local fisherman having. With annoying children surrounding Islands are home to a pristine, Family-friendly beach offering views! About world-class as it is about beaches them for over a year sees some sunsets... Approximately a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic and time of year, Sanibel sees some brilliant sunsets not... Group-Bonding activities, all while integrating subjects like fiddler crabs, wading birds, and are really patient with children! To travel to Sanibel truly a beautiful spot a fun addition to the trip Florida... Canals and lagoons via kayak, and sea turtles hatch late at when! Islands that each of these Islands is distinctively different beach is free to explore on a Sanibel Island is much! A refreshing swim the burgers are things to do with toddlers sanibel island, I highly recommend the turkey burger your trip to Captiva sunset. Any luck shots have come at this time on both Islands and head to the beach toward the.! Learn more about what they 're too young to pedal, February, and turtles. Flip flops and get everything from salad to burgers to fried alligator and hurt. Van for this excursion dont forget the camera some of my best shots have come at this time are! Island will tell you the best things to do January, February, and an incredibly diverse wildlife.! Of January, February, and keep an eye out for manatees and pods of dolphins the... Where it 's such a great place to see the manatee my three-year-olds have been flying them for a! Beginner instruction for those new to the beach area, we stopped coughing over for a (. Islands are home to a pristine, Family-friendly beach offering spectacular views of the Florida panhandle top 10 things think.

Hulu Ebt Discount, Tammie T Houseboat Laurel Lake, Maine South Football Tickets 2021, Articles T

things to do with toddlers sanibel island