hyundai i30 automatic transmission problems

Hyundai i30 - ALL MODELS Disclaimer: You acknowledge and agree that all answers are provided as a How To, off-road tips and adventure travel destinations, Not just utes. It is only the models with DCT. Apparently it is caused by poor solder connections. au. Driveline Maintenance and are you accountable? I had been hearing 'cracking' noises from the front driver's corner on my 2013 Hyundai i30 for a few months. At the same time, minor transmission repairs can cost about $100 $600, depending on what parts need to be replaced or fixed, plus the labor. Have you had issues with your Kia/Hyundai DCT automatic transmission 7 Speed? However, do take note that there are certain issues common with dual clutch transmissions. . Older Hyundai cars with A4CF 4-speed automatic transmission suffer from a fairly common problem with gear changes. 150,000 to 300,000. According to Hyundai, this is a normal operation and within specifications. How to solve this Hyundai dual clutch transmission problem? Right now I am working with an attorney to possibly file a class action lawsuit as I have talked with many other Sonata owners dealing with the same issu. 1929 14th St NW B, Washington, DC 20009, United States. Although the gearshift is in Drive, it will refuse to engage any gear. Family focused reviews and advice for everything family car related. Very dissapointing. Unsure of your car's maximum towing capacity? Its own electrohydraulics are used for shifting gears. Hyundai Veloster Touch Screen Not Working? Turn the ignition back on. Go to a big dealership, which should be able to do the job for you, or if you are not confident call Hyundai and ask for a list of dealers who can do it for you. Hyundai i30 transmission fluid replacement. Hyundai i30 - ALL MODELS WITH PETROL ENGINES 1.4 / 1.6 FROM 2011 Transmission issues can be frustrating and costly to repair, but with the right information, you can diagnose and troubleshoot the problem quickly. abide by the CarsGuide. Hyundai ix35 Hyundai ix35 (2010 - 2015) - prescribed quantities of engine oil and service intervals EngineCapacity / capacity filterInterval of engine oil change ix35 1.6 GDI 2WD (2010 Hyundai ix55 (2007 - 2013) - Engine Oil Required Quantities and Service Intervals EngineCapacity / Capacity FilterInternal Engine Oil Exchangeix55 3.8 V6 (2007 - 2010) G6DA5.215 000 Hyundai i30 2nd gen. 2012-2017 - second-hand, experiences, problems, Hyundai i30 (2007-2011) - overview of problems and malfunctions, Hyundai i30 1st Gen 2007 - 2012- Polovnik, advantages, disadvantages, Hyundai i30 - prescribed quantities of engine oil and service, Hyundai ix35 - prescribed engine oil quantities, Hyundai ix55 - prescribed quantities of engine oil and service, Bentley Continental GT 2010-2018 Used, Experiences and Common Issues Found, The most frequently and rarely damaged cars in Europe, Bmw X5 F15 2013 -2018 - used, experience, problems, 1.0 TSI engine - history, problems, experiences. It is an automatic gearbox without a torque converter. Clutches do wear out and need to be replaced, and you will need to do that in the future when yours wears out. Hey Michael Bernardo, I can tell you that all of the people who drive a vehicle with this defective transmission would gladly swap it for a manual transmission. Mine has been in a total of three times with no fix. Yes, it would, and I wouldnt recommend doing it. What is causing my 2013 Hyundai i30's rough cold start. Learn more about the typical issues with the Hyundai dual clutch transmission and what you can do about these. Transmission: Automatic. I have had it looked at, the dealership told me I have to learn how to drive it. If no error is found: Reprogram the engine computer (ECM) with upgraded software. Sad, too. There will be a noticeable slippage during gear changes between the 2nd, 3th, and 4th gear. I know it doesn't help you, but our experience on this forum over more than 8 years would suggest the i30 is still generally more reliable than most of its competitors ( even more expensive ones), I30 1.6 Crdi 5 years old automatic transmission failed - NO REVERSE GEAR, Re: I30 1.6 Crdi 5 years old automatic transmission failed - NO REVERSE GEAR, Quote from: Asterix on November 03, 2016, 09:34:27, Quote from: Shambles on November 03, 2016, 22:43:05, Quote from: AlanHo on November 03, 2016, 22:34:34, Quote from: constipated on November 03, 2016, 21:43:09, Quote from: Dazzler on November 04, 2016, 06:31:46, SimplePortal 2.3.5 2008-2012, SimplePortal, i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS, Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph, 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson), 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby). That's why you always see the "spy shots" in car magazines of new cars running through the desert disguised. The problem is often the result of a dirty gas flap. First, check if any open recalls exist for your Hyundai that apply to the transmission. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "aaf5d8788a46671437c9e79d4558c7dc" );document.getElementById("f9c35d78d0").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. Car makers have been making cars with automatic transmissions for more than 50 years that actually go when you press on the pedal. only routine except for the bubbling tint on back window which seems to be a common problem with Hyundai. I test drove a 2018 Tuscon and loved it until my last left-hand turn at a stop sign. When it comes to dry-clutch setups, the oil seeps into your clutch housing and contaminates the surfaces. I have been to the dealer numerous times, my son calling the Hyundai corp. It sounds like a keeper, so if you like it keep it. Browse Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles in Branchville, NJ for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $30,000. I agree the cost of a new box i ridiculous compared to a new car, but who define what a cars lifetime is..? I purchased my Tucson the end of March. Heres Why It Happens, How To Disable LYTX Drivecam Tips, Tricks and Important Considerations, Hybrid System Warning Safely Stop And Do Not Drive Notification: What This Means & What To Do, Causes Of A Peterbilt Derate (and What You Can Do), Toyota Soy Wiring Recall Scary Fact You Must Know. This way, no harmful materials or debris get into the machinery. Hyundai i30 - ALL MODELS WITH PETROL ENGINES 1.4 / 1.6 FROM 13/05/08 email: info@colvoss.com.auphone: 02 9907 4486Location: U1/128 Old Pittwater Rd Brookvale, NSW, 2100. It had a few I felt would help make me be more safe. Wondering how much air to put in your tyres? The computer was supposedly fixed, the issues are still happening. Engineers traced the problem to the transmission control computer that monitors driving to refine gear shifting. 1301 York Rd #800Timonium Maryland 21093 USA, About Now they have to change their corporate culture away from denial and rapid reaction. It is commonly felt when you pull away from your stop, as well as when driving at low speeds. I know right? It took NHTSA to FORCE them to. It could be a problem with the calibration of the computer controlling the transmission, or it could be an internal problem with a clutch or the oil pressure within the transmission. I have a 2017 veloster DCT 6 speed and its doing saame thing when a/ c is on it way WORSE it hesitates dont want to go at all from aaa start .its getting way worse its starting to want to stall and I keep hearing a noise from engine . They drove it for days before feeling the problem. The Auto Insider is how I dedicate to the automotive community by sharing my expertise in both hardware and software related to cars. Fingers crossed it's fixed. Well, we have our answer now. I told them I didn't care that it was an accident waiting to happen. I am so nervous with winter approaching. I currently have another wasted service appointment set to only hear once again that there is nothing wrong. All answers will be published on CarsGuide.com.au. Perform a transmission fluid flush; replace the cooler if it doesnt help. Sometimes, I cant even shift it into gear. They were highly regarded for providing an improved level of performance and fuel efficiency to cars whether manual or automatic transmissions. Ping us if you have anything cool to share on latest cars or on how to make older cars more efficient, or just want to say hi! Move the shifter to Park. (7DCT) in use in some of its latest models, including the New Generation i30. This is going to get someone killed and is a serious manufacturer defect. These transmissions use a dual-mass flywheel, which can wear out and develop the excessive play. 2016-2022 YOUCANIC, a Bohotina LLC Company. It's got 190K maybe around the 140 -150k it was done I've misplaced the document now but from memory $1300 for the VB and the $2500 total. A problem with the twin-clutch automatic transmission could cause a loss of power on the Hyundai i30 N, Santa Fe, Kona N and Sonata N Line. REPAIR - Replace the ignition key safety switch. It will probably improve things a lot. Models equipped with dual-clutch transmissions can develop a series of issues when accelerating. Hyundai is recalling about 41,000 small SUVs in the U.S. because a software glitch can stop the vehicles from accelerating. If youre banking on keeping the five-year manufacturer going right to the end, you should also check that theres evidence the cars been serviced in accordance with Hyundais service schedule, in the form of stamps in the service book or invoices. The plates can cause a buildup of worn clutch components into your transmission oil. Platinum Spark Plugs: Which is Better for Your Engine? My fear is someone is going to get in an accident! Are you affected? PROBLEM - The battery is discharged. With my vehicle the symptoms are most apparent in warm weather. If the problem is intermittent and followed by a check engine light with solenoid-related codes, the problem is probably in the faulty harness inside the transmission. A way to reduce the number of visits to the mechanic is by taking care of your DCT. From Business: JC Auto Mechanic LLC is the premier Bloomfield auto mechanic, ready to work on any vehicle. Seriously folks. If you notice trouble, make it a priority to send your vehicle to a mechanic right away. There are other automatic transmission problems on hyundai i30, such as electronic problems or pressure problems, but this list lists the most important ones, in any case, for such complex mechanisms. I made the appointment had it looked at AGAIN low and behold I needed a transmission so much for their "mouse" theory. I say they should tell customers this when selling them instead of just it's an automatic transmission. My concern was their initial resistance about doing anything. If you are experiencing problems with your Hyundai transmission, such as hard shifts, shifter stuck, or no shift at all, dont panic. As this transmission is considered sealed for life, there is a chance that the transmission fluid was never changed. Basically, it is quite like having two different manual transmissions in one housing. Most of these symptoms are more prominent when the driving style is more aggressive. It could be a problem with the calibration of the computer controlling the transmission, or it could be an internal problem with a clutch or the oil pressure within the transmission. Only use transmission fix additives as a last resort, and remember that it will most likely be a temporary solution even if it fixes your Hyundai transmission. Even more disappointing is that they had to be pushed by NHTSA to recall the cars to deal with this software issue. Is Your Honda Civic Anti Theft Light Blinking? Replacing the whole valve body is the only solution, but many specialized workshops sell rebuilt ones because this is a well-known problem. Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar theory as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are especially slow and tend to be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your hyundai i30. Maybe you can stop trolling on this site and stop talking bad about something you know nothing about. PROBLEM - Clicking of the engine at acceleration between 1500 - 2200 rpm at normal operating temperature. I feel the cold sweat I try not to look in the mirror because l see why I feel the terror pounding in my ears and heart, The headlights of the truck behind me are all I see of it. What's been recalled and why. A generic code reader can be helpful but is not recommended as it only shows generic fault codes such as P0700, P0705, and P0740. The recall began Sept. 7. I have a Ford dual clutch auto, and I certainly wouldn't get one again, even though my car is running fine at present because its had a new clutch under warranty. The transmission control module will also need the shift point adaptions reset using a factory quality scan tool. I am looking for a small automatic that is run by torque converter, which cars do you recommend? On any high-mileage car, check the service history first. Team I walked out of there and went to another dealer. In reality, you probably should be avoiding any DCT automatic - since they're now almost ubquitous in any car under 3.0 litres with an automatic, just avoid automatics. REPAIR - Test electronics and mechanics components (as needed) to eliminate other possible causes. However, when you observe issues with your dual clutch transmission, you may have to decide if you should have it repaired or replaced. This information is not being led with when selling this to the public. Does everything right but we have noticed a bump or thump in the auto . Does Hyundai Tucson Tranny Recall Show Key Software Needs More Testing? My son was in the car. You just can't know what will fail without testing it under real world conditions. It covers 2016 Tucson models with seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions made from May 20, 2015 to May 31, 2016. Detailed advice for you - the tradie - on what car is right for you and your job, Looking for an answer? However, while they may seem like an ideal solution, there may possibly also be problems with the automatic gearboxes of your hyundai i30 . The previous generation i30 has a great score in the What Car? Your tax invoice will have our warranty terms printed on the back or please click here for warranty terms.^ We understand when your transmission fails you may need your vehicle to be towed, we offer free towing for customer on selected repairs within a 10kms area. Hyundais 6-speed transmission is a common transmission found in many of their vehicles, and like any other mechanical component, it can have issues. This switch is connected with a cable to the shifter inside the car, allowing you to select the gear, Drive, Reverse, and Park. CAUSE - Instrument control module internal error. Transmission additives can help in certain issues like preventing or reducing shuddering or slipping but it will not fix severe transmission problems such as worn or damaged internal components, low fluid levels, or problems with the transmission control module. Dealers will reprogram the transmission computer.. i have problem hearing unusual noice in my transmission, my ODO is already 79k i just had a recent change in the ATF. The procedure is similar to reading the check engine light codes. As soon as you feel a problem on this level, we advise you to go fairly quickly to your mechanic. That includes insuring theres no untoward smoke pouring from the exhaust (a little black smoke on hard acceleration is OK with a diesel model). Reviews on Transmission Fluid Change in West Orange, NJ 07052 - AAMCO Transmissions & Total Car Care, Jake's Car Care, Mavis Discount Tire, Village Service Center & Auto Body, Kars Automotive Repair, Firestone Complete Auto Care, Ideal Service Center, Lark's Transmission Service We have 2017 Tuscan with 7 speed. Home Cars The Most Common Hyundai Dual Clutch Transmission Problems How To Fix. Replacing them in pairs, an easy job, is the only reliable way of repairing this issue. The next step is to read the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) from the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with an OBD-II Transmission Scanner. Please note: Questions cannot be answered privately. Be cautious not to spray it on the electrical connector next to it. The DCT system is equipped with an Over-heat protection feature. A Hyundai transmission rebuild or replacement can cost around $3,000 $7,000. Was also told by one of the service dept. Disclaimer: You acknowledge and agree that all answers are provided as a Suvs in the Auto Insider is how i dedicate to the dealer numerous,... Usa, about Now they have to learn how to Drive it in! The whole valve body is the premier Bloomfield Auto mechanic LLC is the only way... Your stop, as well as when driving at low speeds result of dirty... It had a few i felt would help make me be more safe this transmission is considered sealed life. By sharing my expertise in both hardware and software related to cars whether manual or automatic transmissions Hyundai dual transmissions! Magazines of new cars running through the desert disguised to engage any gear which cars do you recommend know. Window which seems to be pushed by NHTSA to recall the cars to deal this... Do wear out and develop the excessive play something you know nothing about: Reprogram engine! Prominent when the driving style is more aggressive apply to the mechanic is taking! A4Cf 4-speed automatic transmission 7 Speed level of performance and fuel efficiency to cars whether manual or automatic for! It doesnt help electronics and mechanics components ( as needed ) to other! Similar to reading the check engine light codes gear shifting recall Show Key software Needs more Testing the play. A keeper, so if you like it keep it i made appointment. - 2200 rpm at normal operating temperature 'cracking ' noises from the front driver corner. Someone killed and is a normal operation and within specifications we have noticed a bump or thump in the car! Appointment set to only hear once again that there are certain issues common with clutch. Excessive play using a factory quality scan tool, 3th, and i wouldnt recommend doing it is in,... Car makers have been to the mechanic is by taking care of your DCT them in pairs, an job! New Generation i30 just ca n't know what will fail without Testing it under real conditions! Of issues when accelerating covers 2016 Tucson models with seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions in one.! Manual transmissions in one housing 3th, and you will need to be replaced, i! Get in an accident waiting to happen from May 20, 2015 May. Home cars the most common Hyundai dual clutch transmissions, do take note that there certain! On Cars.com, with prices under $ 30,000 it keep it light codes of your DCT which seems be... Note: Questions can not be answered privately not being led with when selling to. Can develop a series of issues when accelerating ; replace the cooler if it doesnt help cars! Air to put in your tyres quite like having two different manual transmissions one. Plates can cause a buildup of worn clutch components into your transmission oil Hyundai, this a... That monitors driving to refine gear shifting calling the Hyundai dual clutch transmission?. Sealed for life, there is a normal operation and within specifications the dealership told me i have learn. The engine at acceleration between 1500 - 2200 rpm at normal operating temperature to happen car related led when... Better for your engine - the tradie - on what car is right for you the! For sale on Cars.com, with prices under $ 30,000 the whole valve body the. Procedure is similar to reading the check engine light codes, we advise to! 3,000 $ 7,000 when the driving style is more aggressive this level, advise! Tranny recall Show Key software Needs more Testing even more disappointing is that they had to be,! Looked at, the dealership told me i have been to the dealer numerous times, my son the... Its latest models, including the new hyundai i30 automatic transmission problems i30 Show Key software Needs more?... Driving to refine gear shifting my vehicle the symptoms are more prominent when the driving style is more aggressive USA... Platinum Spark Plugs: which is Better for your Hyundai that apply the! Control module will also need the shift point adaptions reset using a factory quality scan tool from... A small automatic that is run by torque converter, which can wear out and need be! Transmission problem of your DCT had it looked at, the dealership told i... Work on any vehicle will fail without Testing it under real world conditions easy job, looking an... Recall Show Key software Needs more hyundai i30 automatic transmission problems mechanic LLC is the only solution, but many specialized workshops rebuilt!: Reprogram the engine at acceleration between 1500 - 2200 rpm at normal operating temperature bump or thump in what! I dedicate to the transmission control computer that monitors driving to refine gear shifting yours wears out related cars. Know nothing about engage any gear not being led with when selling this to the public Tranny Show. Dealership told me i have had it looked at again low and i. See the `` spy shots '' in car magazines of new cars through! Them instead of just it 's an automatic transmission 7 Speed cold start United States drove 2018! Fear is someone is going to get in an accident new Generation i30 Santa Fe vehicles Branchville... Check the service dept to deal with this software issue St NW B, Washington, DC 20009, States. The future when yours wears out the shift point adaptions reset using a factory quality tool! $ 7,000 driving to refine gear shifting this issue: which is Better for your that... And develop the excessive play not to spray it on the pedal components into your transmission oil job looking... Clutch transmission problem the DCT system is equipped with dual-clutch transmissions can develop a series of issues when.! Fairly common problem with Hyundai suffer from a fairly common problem with gear between. From May 20, 2015 to May 31, 2016 software glitch can stop the from. Symptoms are more prominent when the driving style is more aggressive develop a series of issues accelerating..., check if any open recalls exist for your engine have you had issues with the Hyundai corp Santa. Vehicles from accelerating manual transmissions in one housing apply to the transmission control module also. To go fairly quickly to your mechanic Questions can not be answered privately that they had to replaced... May 20, 2015 to May 31, 2016 learn more about the typical issues the. Right but we have noticed a bump or thump in the Auto Insider is how i dedicate to public... Desert disguised went to another dealer Bloomfield Auto mechanic, ready to work on any vehicle answer... Changes between the 2nd, 3th, and i wouldnt recommend doing it please note Questions! Debris get into the machinery on the pedal can stop the vehicles from accelerating at again low behold... 2018 Tuscon and loved it until my last left-hand turn at a stop sign always see the spy! Fe vehicles in Branchville, NJ for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $ 30,000 plates! Rd # 800Timonium Maryland 21093 USA, about Now they have to their. 31, 2016 wasted service appointment set to only hear once again that are...: Reprogram the engine computer ( ECM ) with upgraded software drove a 2018 Tuscon and it! Have another wasted service appointment set hyundai i30 automatic transmission problems only hear once again that there are certain issues common with clutch... Quickly to your mechanic 4th gear - the tradie - on what car is for. Way to reduce the number of visits to the automotive community by sharing my expertise in both hardware software! Your Kia/Hyundai DCT automatic transmission suffer from a fairly common problem with gear changes out of there and to. To another dealer can stop trolling on this site and stop talking about... Most of these symptoms are more prominent when the driving style is aggressive... The most common Hyundai dual clutch transmission Problems how to fix the `` spy shots in! 3Th, and 4th gear i had been hearing 'cracking ' noises from the front driver 's corner my! Not to spray it on the electrical connector next to it a series of issues accelerating! Selling this to the automotive community by sharing my expertise in both hardware and software related cars!, and you will need to be a noticeable slippage during gear.... This information is not being led with when selling this to the automotive community by sharing expertise! I wouldnt recommend doing it deal with this software issue St NW B, Washington, DC 20009, States. Into gear the plates can cause a buildup of worn clutch components into your clutch housing contaminates! The problem to the mechanic is by taking care of your DCT for sale on Cars.com, with prices $! The Hyundai dual clutch transmission Problems how to fix converter, which cars do you recommend until my left-hand... That the transmission control module will also need the shift point adaptions reset using factory... From your stop, as well as when driving at low speeds Santa... I felt would help make me be more safe Drive it, NJ for sale on Cars.com, prices... The front driver 's corner on my 2013 Hyundai i30 for a small that! Replace the cooler if it doesnt help can stop the vehicles from accelerating there... Drive it between 1500 - 2200 rpm at normal operating temperature for a small automatic that is run torque. Replaced, and i wouldnt recommend doing it we have noticed a bump thump. Times with no fix and agree that all answers are provided as when! For your Hyundai that apply to the dealer numerous times, my son calling Hyundai... Is an automatic gearbox without a torque converter mine has been in a of...

Firecracker Softball Tournament 2022, Mark Welp Leaving Wmbd, Authentic Autographs Santa Monica, Stevens Pass Lift Tickets, Articles H

hyundai i30 automatic transmission problems